InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Closer look to Orbit damping system.
What's important you can adjust width of 12mm tube clamps distance. You can easily mount InfinityMR to different multirotors with 12mm tubes system.
Of course, you don't have to use 12mm tube clamps with carbon rails and you can go with standard 4x spacers mounting pattern.

Orbit_damping_system-1024x576.jpg

iceman

Im getting very near the point of placing an order for this gimbal but would love to see some recent footage from users, does anyone on here have any video to share, preferably unedited from take off to landing? Does anyone have any user feedback over and above that already posted?

jakuban

Yea, I would love to see users videos too. There are plenty of InfinityMRs out there. Maybe the silence is caused by holidays period... I got some emails for customers with really good words, and was assured that they will post them.
And also, for sure there are some customers that are not forum users.

Anyway iceman, take a look at my videos, they are raw files from take off to landing and you can download them.
www.vimeo.com/hdairstudio

Edit:
iceman, talk to Joerg. He just posted here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1858227&page=91#post32471531

iceman

Yea, I would love to see users videos too. There are plenty of InfinityMRs out there. Maybe the silence is caused by holidays period... I got some emails for customers with really good words, and was assured that they will post them.
And also, for sure there are some customers that are not forum users.

Anyway iceman, take a look at my videos, they are raw files from take off to landing and you can download them.
www.vimeo.com/hdairstudio

Edit:
iceman, talk to Joerg. He just posted here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1858227&page=91#post32471531
Thanks Jakuban, thats much appriciated.

jakuban

Wow! That's a great shots Knut! Would love to see more:)
You're saying that InfinityMR meets your performance requirements. Not more than few days ago I got an email from a customer that was using for a long time Z15, he was impressed with stabilisation quality of InfinityMR and possibility of using different camera configurations. Hopefully we will see his footage soon, he promised that!:)

Yes, and my requirements are video with no need for post stabilisation, and no vibrations :) And neither me or the producers I have worked with resently has found any flaws in the footage related to gimbal performance :)

tombrown1

This is indeed an excellent gimbal. Just had a pretty big shoot with it that went great. The Phobotic on the other hand.....

I bought the one without the encoder motors - Jakub can you sell me just the motors with encoders so I can switch to AM? Just about done with the promises from Phobotic. Horizon is causing endless headaches.

tombrown1

Gimbal was terrific - Phobotic stabilization is pretty amazing as well. Problem is with the horizon drift for Phobotic. It's absolutely ridiculous and I can't get it working well. We got the shoot done and will have a great video to show for it, but we had to cut a ton of clips because of horizon. I'm not talking like 5 degrees when looking at the sea - I'm talking 30-40 degrees at times.

econfly

Maybe Phobotic at this point is best for two-man operation. The camera op can always manage roll as needed, so it's all about stabilization. For single operator, Alexmos/encoders may be the better choice -- at least that was my thinking when I ordered last week.

ovdt

We have stopped using Phobotic for horizon issues as well. We moved on with Movi M5, M10 and M15. Also tried Gremsy H14 but it also has poor horizon hold performance. Movi also suffers but it's much less. Phobotic is just serving us a back up gimbal in case of emergency.

When shooting a critical shot, it is almost impossible to adjust roll when framing. It does not stay at a certain degree.

Movi M5 is too big for small cameras and I wanna use a really tiny and light gimbal. Infinity MR with AM encoders looks the most promising gimbal so far but I need to see some 'real' shots. (Tilting up when panning while the copter moves sideways.) My next cameras for low budget jobs will be definitely BM Micro Cinema Camera and RX100 IV.

Gremsy H3 looks also very promising with the weight but I have yet too see any reliable footage from it. It also has better price point.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification. Seems people are having troubles with the Phobotic - but more specific to the horizon. There has been talk of them working on some new mind-blowing update - that apparently may address horizon, but it's not clear.

iceman

Gremsy H3 looks also very promising with the weight but I have yet too see any reliable footage from it. It also has better price point.

I have also been looking at the Gremsy H3, it's a very neat solution and lighter that Infinity MR but like you I'd like to see some real world footage. You would think that the manufacturers of these gimbals would be going out of their way to supply footage to showcase their product capabilities, this is what make me hold off ordering. Why do we have to wait for end user results and feedback when manufacturers should be seeking to supply sample results?

ovdt

I have also been looking at the Gremsy H3, it's a very neat solution and lighter that Infinity MR but like you I'd like to see some real world footage. You would think that the manufacturers of these gimbals would be going out of their way to supply footage to showcase their product capabilities, this is what make me hold off ordering. Why do we have to wait for end user results and feedback when manufacturers should be seeking to supply sample results?

I agree.

Freefly is the only one who does the marketing as it should be done.

jakuban

Tom, I await for your video!
When it comes to horizon drift. This is never ending story - as someone correctly pointed out. With AM and encoders it is really close to perfection. But I noticed situation where between two flights horizon has deregulated without any particular reason. Gyro calibration, few minutes of wating in is was ok.
In my opinion we still need to wait for completely "drift horizon less" controller. I know that Aleksey is working on that problem as well.
Over last few years I learned that sometimes gimbal construction is more important that controller. This is why I invested a lot of effort to make InfinityMR as rigid as possible and to build it with really great materials. I think anyone who has InfinityMR can agree that it's construction is very rigid and materials are best.
There are many gimbals out there on the market, can someone here tell me which producer gives raw video files available for download, so everyone can see the quality of stabilization? I do it as I believe every producer should do the same.

kcsajtai

I will just leave it here, for your consideration...

This is with encoders, with autotune on a sony a6000. The horizon drifts. But! This is the most user friendly gimbal I have ever tried. (among the ones that are not for one cam/optic combo only) Getting it into balance is like 2 minutes and I throwed everything on it i could find(gh4, bmpcc, various sony models etc.. ) and it's extremely easy to set up. Yes there are a lot of factors in play, but the gimbal construction is as solid as it could get. We bought five of these and we are happy.

If someone is interested in raw straight from camera files or some specific test, then just ask for it, i'll share. :)

SamaraMedia

Thanks for the clarification. Seems people are having troubles with the Phobotic - but more specific to the horizon. There has been talk of them working on some new mind-blowing update - that apparently may address horizon, but it's not clear.

Funny thing is, when someone posts on the CP thread about issues, it seems like Roee and Samur are nowhere to be found lately.

Jakub on the other hand is quick to respond on this thread which is a great sign of customer service.