Phobotic Centerpiece Brushless Gimbal Controller

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Can anyone share on how to plug in the tilt to a knob from my futaba radio , I'm using a one radio setup,
Can't find a wiring diagram,
Thanks

You should just have to run a servo from your Rx (free channel) to the Centerpiece header pins - they are shown on the diagram at the top of the manual. It states they are bi-directional - I would just plug it into the 1st port closest to the button.

Last edited by a moderator:

eirlink

Hi guys,
I'm on the road but had the chance to sit down with Roee from Phobotic this afternoon. We chatted for almost forty minutes and GOT THE WHOLE EXCHANGE ON VIDEO! I'll post it tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon after I've had a chance to upload it to youtube. We had a nice chat and covered a lot of ground. I think you'll find it both interesting and reassuring. I did a quick look at the footage and there's some scenery in there that we didn't exactly plan for!
Bart

Bart, looking forward to seeing this tks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks Samur! I was just about to post the link

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Great to be able to put a name to a face with Roee. Thanks for doing this Bart. I now definitely know a lot more about Phobotic, their philosophy, where they're headed, and of course what music is popular in Tel Aviv outdoor restaurants :)

Bartman

the criteria for the location was, shade, beverages and a place to put the camera.......

the hotel was busy, the promenade was too sunny, everywhere else we looked was too sandy, and we were running out of time as I had a flight to catch.

background noise aside, i think we did alright. if it didn't take almost 8 hours to upload (for whatever reason) I would have made a few additional editing tweaks. once the upload was past the halfway point I couldn't get myself to stop it for more tweaks which explains the very rough nature of the production!

bart

Bartman

Hey guys, I was missing you already so I thought come and join you over here :highly_amused:

Love the interview !!!!

any chance you're the guy that has been short on manners over at *** in recent days? we don't generally roll like that here so please mind yourself if you should decide to spend more time here.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
remain calm and use plenty of smiley's

There is a very real chance that the next post will somehow finger Phobotic for being responsible for the JFK assassination :)

I liked the interview BTW - good info and plenty of time spent with a new company - which doesn't get done a lot...if ever. Not sure, but the horizon may have been drifting on your footage....:shame:

eirlink

any chance you're the guy that has been short on manners over at *** in recent days? we don't generally roll like that here so please mind yourself if you should decide to spend more time here.

i like the calm in here, i like you and i like the way you manage the forums., and thats a great line :02.47-tranquillity:

Brandigan

the criteria for the location was, shade, beverages and a place to put the camera.......

bart

That was a really great video. Excellent technique. The contrast between the concise questions and the answers was very illuminating.

It's a shame you weren't able to delve a little more in some places, as I think the answer to the most important question got lost somehow.

"Can you talk about the latency of the camera mount behind the movement of the helicopter?"
"system latency is typically sub 1 millisecond."
"Sub 1 millisecond? Wow!"

"Yes, it's 1ms, or 2ms, but it's that kind of magnitude."
" the system, not the results".
"that doesn't mean the gimbal performs flawlessly, of course, because it's not how fast you start a movement, but how well you control it."

Which is true...so it's a shame it wasn't explained exactly how well it is controlled, or if people think there is still significant (head)room for improvement.

Bartman

As Roee put it, the response is so fast that it almost leaves no room for further improvement. where i was asking about response time as having room for improvement the real gains are coming from improvements to control responses. they can respond almost instantaneously but the effectiveness of the stabilization comes from the interpretation of what needs to be done and then applying control forces while also managing momentum of the gimbal, over and over and over again at hundreds (thousands?) of times per second

jdennings

Just to make sure, on that regulator issue for the CP. Pre-orders that will ship October 5th will come with an additional protection board between CP and battery, and with that good to go up to 5S?

It won't be ready in time for that batch. They will receive the regulator with the rest a few weeks later. They will be bound to 3S until then.