Looking for New Technology

Whats the latest and greatest new technology for UAVs being developed right now? I've been using UAVs for aerial videography for the past 2 years. It seems like the industry is constantly innovating, so much so that's it hard to keep track of. I wanted to start a thread where developers, manufactures and UAV enthusiast could post about new projects their working on or cool new tech they've seen. I know there's a lot going on in the way of sense and avoid tech, 3D mapping seems to be getting easier. Please share things you find cool.

kloner

Aerial DP
I know there's a lot going on in the way of sense and avoid tech, 3D mapping seems to be getting easier.

if your all in that last line sums it up.... lidar/ads-b too

on the hobby fpv side minis are all the rage.....

saw a dope little flare stack inspection rig the other day, super affordable and small..... still top seceret

The biggest handicap to longer VTOL aircraft flight time is the limited energy density battery technologies. The energy density of hydrocarbon fuels continues to top the list but remain most impractical from several perspectives. Solve these problems and you will see a giant step forward. MR weight drops if liquid fuels could be used. Batteries simply shift to parasitic dead weight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The biggest handicap to longer VTOL aircraft flight time is the limited energy density battery technologies. The energy density of hydrocarbon fuels continues to top the list but remain most impractical from several perspectives. Solve these problems and you will see a giant step forward. MR weight drops if liquid fuels could be used. Batteries simply shift to parasitic dead weight!

It seems like there are some people experimenting with lithium carbon batteries for extended flight time . http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show?id=705844:BlogPost:1717470&commentId=705844:Comment:1717500