There goes the neighborhood....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
For the past few builds I have been aiming to purchase all parts from local (USA for me) suppliers. Despite the products often being made in China, the retailers domestically have been able to provide the selection I've needed. Parts arrive quicker and often price out about the same when you calculate in the international shipping costs. But it's hard to argue with the prices of some things coming from HobbyKing, if you know what to look for (batteries, connectors etc). But I've had real issues with HobbyKing, and try to avoid them like the plaque if possible.

Just got an email this morning announcing the opening of another hobbyKing USA warehouse in Arkansas to service the East Coast. Promises of "faster and cheaper" shipping should be interesting, at least for the basic parts/spares that are often good to have in the tool chest. They've just made it easier and quicker for me to hate them! :)

We’re proud to announce the opening of our second USA warehouse!

Based in Arkansas, the HobbyKing USA East warehouse will be able to ship orders faster and cheaper than ever before to customers all over the USA (especially the East Coast). This warehouse is OPEN NOW with over 1,000 different products. Be sure to check back regularly as the product offering will be expanding quickly with new containers arriving every week. You can still order from our International and original USA (now USA West) warehouses. Their product offerings will also continue to expand

zyzykrash

I have issues with hobbie king too! Been waiting 63 days for batteries. I have inquired 3 times and still no estimated delivery date or tracking info. They just say be patient. I've had 74 deliveries mostly from China, and ALL of them were ordered after my order from hobbie king. When adding the cost of shipping, I really wasn't saving much anyway, but two months later and they still say that my parcel is in transit, but can't say where or why.

zyzykrash

I would have been tickled if it took only 35 days. It's just about double that so far. I finally told them that if they can't have the parts delivered yey this week, to refund my payment.

SDB777

Did the email happen to give an exact location in Arkansas?
Living here and all, I'm wondering if I a just go there....maybe a small store front?

Scott (hope it warms up today) B

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Just got my first order from the new east coast warehouse. Ordered on this past Thursday (Sept 4) and it arrived this morning - so 3 days (not counting Sunday). Not bad if you are in dire need of some batteries or connectors etc.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Just got my first order from the new east coast warehouse. Ordered on this past Thursday (Sept 4) and it arrived this morning - so 3 days (not counting Sunday). Not bad if you are in dire need of some batteries or connectors etc.

Oh would that this was possible here... :-(