Drone crashes go mainstream

xahhax

yeah well in Switzerland you need an insurance with coverage of $1.1 million if your drone is above 500grams - so there is a business here - pretty sure many newcomers to RC through Phantom had no clue about this...but it is in the law...

xahhax

but that is because you are a pro right?

Well you also need to contract mandatory special insurance for your bicycles :)...at the same time insurance is relatively cheap. It is more a problem for those who don't know and assume that flying a little 'toy' needs no special coverage.

Av8Chuck

As long as we didn't want to shoot in any national parks, weren't compensated for wining the competition, no one profited from our photos, stayed below an altitude that is yet to be defined, only did this for the love of flight - not photography, didn't use FPV to compose the shot, etc..

There's some nice shots in there.

Old Man

As long as we didn't want to shoot in any national parks, weren't compensated for wining the competition, no one profited from our photos, stayed below an altitude that is yet to be defined, only did this for the love of flight - not photography, didn't use FPV to compose the shot, etc..

There's some nice shots in there.

Point taken. There are a couple of nice shots in the bunch.

we carry 5 million liability and $80k in hull coverage

A business with a future is one thing, a hobby is another. The more you have the more they will want.
I transferred all my assets years ago so they might get this computer and my cat.
The rest is as old and tired as I am so "come and get it".