Fail Safe Adjustment

dhdobbins

I have a DJI F550 with Naza Lite and a Dx8 radio. I have the fail sage set up on the Mix/Hold switch for AUX3. I can't get it to go into the fail safe mode. I tried adjusting the servo travel for AUX3 with no luck. How do I make adjustments to get the fail safe to work?

Thanks,
Dan

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey mate,

I assume the U channel on the NAZA is connected to AUX3 correctly? Are you adjusting the servo travel whilst connected to the assistant program and watching the little bar move? Is AUX3 setup on the DX8 with the MIX/HOLD switch?

I would use the three position switch to control the mode. Set it up for something like GPS/ATTI/FS. For compass calibration you can just adjust the servo travel (endpoint) to activate manual mode and switch it back to FS afterwards.

Any help?

dhdobbins

Hey mate,

I assume the U channel on the NAZA is connected to AUX3 correctly? Are you adjusting the servo travel whilst connected to the assistant program and watching the little bar move? Is AUX3 setup on the DX8 with the MIX/HOLD switch?

I would use the three position switch to control the mode. Set it up for something like GPS/ATTI/FS. For compass calibration you can just adjust the servo travel (endpoint) to activate manual mode and switch it back to FS afterwards.

Any help?
Thanks Ben. That helped. I used the FM switch for FS instead of Manual and everything works well now.

Dan

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I am not absolutely sure it is a good idea to totally remove the Manual Mode option from the normal flight setup. Of course no one is much interested in actually flying in Manual Mode - what the hell is the point of Manual Mode anyway and do any other FC systems even have it as an option? - but when the FC gets confused over stuff, switching into and back out of Manual can act as a sort of System Reset.

Unless there are simply an insufficient number of available Tx switches I would always assign a Forced Failsafe to a separate switch. Even then I have Forced Failsafe on logic switching so that it can only be activated with a combination of switches.

Forced Failsafe is a useful tool to be able to initially test the function without switching off the transmitter ... and then having to wait an agonising fifteen seconds for it to all go live again after switching it back on.