It's contest time again!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

It's that time again, time to design a new contest. I'm working on getting a great prize lined up for this contest so we've got to come up with an extra-extraordinary contest idea with which to pick a winner.

Guidelines
There should be a video element to the contest entry
It should allow as many people as possible to enter
It should promote the flying of multi-rotor helicopters
no animals (or lawyers) may be injured or killed in the process of preparing an entry :)

There will likely be a requirement for entrants to have a small minimum number of posts at this site in order to avoid people joining the site just to enter and possibly win the prize.

Ideas??

Thanks,
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

The most dangerous/hazardous flight...must be caught on camera.
EG:-
Flying under low obstacles.
Flying between obstacles.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Dangerous to me usually ends in a crash,which means no air time whilst repairs are effected.:(

How about most unusual location??

drhswe

There will likely be a requirement for entrants to have a small minimum number of posts at this site in order to avoid people joining the site just to enter and possibly win the prize.

Change it to time, you must have been a member for at least a month.
Perhaps many are "passive" members, likes to read, fly and have fun.

No I didn't posted this simply because increasing the number of my posts :)

Bartman

Gents,
I'm heading to bed, I've got a long day tomorrow with the possibility of completed assemblies for my new camera mount being ready for me to pick up in the morning.
The contest prize can't be announced until the contest has been set. So what's it gonna be? Timed laps around a closed course? Maybe a multi-rotor joust (old meets new!)? Most outrageous video? Most sincere video plea for the as-yet-unnamed-contest-prize? Maybe a song?
Let's hear those ideas!!
Heavy lifting contest?
Something more creative?

Let's go! I can't keep this to myself forever!

Bart

best dressed halloween multi, along with another element/challenge. It would be helpfull if it involved some designing like making the best vib free camera mount, using only matchsticks and a roll of toilet paper. macgyver style! heavy lifting contest would be cool however not everyone can enter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
How about suspending a weight under the copter on say..... a three foot cord with a series of hoops on the ground. The weight must be placed in the hoops on the ground then mooved to the next hoop, bucket, plant pot, tea cup, what ever....

BUT... Boris has to do it nude in St Marks Square Piazza on a Sunday morning!!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
wives/girlfriends/partners/pets. Must hilarious pet ascending vids although i am strongly for only cats or ones fish in the bowl on a camera mount. At the best the neighbors cat.

ovdt

What about best chasing video full of action? Of course camera should follow the object as well. It can be a car, motor, dog, kitesurf, windsurf? :)

Bartman

just to summarize so far we've got

• danger
  • public nudity
  • spooky costumes (does the concept of halloween cross international lines?)
  • wives/GF's/pets
  • suspended weights being dunked in a repetitive fashion
I'm not sure I like where this is going!! it figures Ross is involved!

but seriously, this should be something in which any size multi-rotor can be used and any skill level can be competitive

that's it for now.......wooden kayak metalmorphosis

FlyEYE

I vote for Halloween themed but if it ends up being a goal oriented contest i.e. laps like the last one the winner or finalists should be determined based on achieving the goal and not on a popularity vote. So if it's a popularity vote, make it fun, if it's goal oriented base it on skill.