Take care with the new 2.3 software for A2 Today i crashed my Evo 800 S with Z15

crowjet

Hi Guys

Take care with the new 2.3 software for A2 Today i crashed my Evo 800 S with Z15 with Panasonic GH2 on it.

Now all the material is a heap of junk :upset:

I made ower 50 flights with the soft 2.1 never Problems, Uprade to 2.3 on Thuesday, new calibration of the system Testflight on Friday ok and today work flight take of normaly with 14 satellites after 3 minutes flight DJI 800 turnes 90 deg. and nomore commands.
I tried to go into GO Home( tested on friday without problems) back into GPS mode and after +- 30 Seconds the S800 came back in direction of Homepoint but over the Homepoint he makes a flip of death and fall down.

And now i am there with a heap of junk. All parts dammaged, Zenmuse Panasonic GH2 and the hole EVO

What a ****.

Do you also now such problems ?

Regards

Jean-Marc

crowjet

Hi i have download my last logs over the OSD MarkII but cannot read them IOSD assistant make always errors ?
Does anybody could analyse my logs when i send him the .dat files ?

Regards

Jean-Marc

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
IT JUST WRECKS ME TO SEE THIS.

Really sorry for your loss. That is one horrible mess and I know just how your guts felt as you where taking those very very sad photos.

So many people are having a number of confidence building flights and then this happens, same MO. Unless you are very good and react quick enough this always going to be the result.

Best never to try and go to home lock / failsafe as the machine is acting like a Junkie that just got the biggest fix of his life! Best to try and lay it down gentley in either ATTi or Manual.

Let this be another warning for ALL A2 users.

Again so sorry to see this AGAIN.

Dave

Tahoe Ed

Jean-Marc you can pm me a link to the files and I will take a look at them. If inconclusive, I will send to DJI HQ.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd be glad to take a peek too, upload em to google drive or drop box and post the link

that things a yard sale,,,

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Likewise, I will have a peep if you can post the log file. Tahoe Ed, this crash seems to have had the exact same symptoms as the crashes I have been looking at in the UK. Can you shed any light on what DJI are doing about this?

Tahoe Ed

Likewise, I will have a peep if you can post the log file. Tahoe Ed, this crash seems to have had the exact same symptoms as the crashes I have been looking at in the UK. Can you shed any light on what DJI are doing about this?

They are looking at the data like everyone else is. They will take action if needed based on the information available. Not all crashes are controller/firmware related. One was just posted on MRF that appears to be a esc compatibility issue. This has happened more than once.

kloner

Aerial DP
since the fall of last year i've never seen so much esc incompatibility in my life. it ranges from sync issues to the flight controller can't do an automatic take off because of something or rather in there. The esc and motors just all got really different recently. a lot are simonK related but even then. Maytec used to run anything, now they won't run any motors.... I'm sitting on 68 esc's just from this year that didn't work so well testing different motor combos

Tahoe Ed

since the fall of last year i've never seen so much esc incompatibility in my life. it ranges from sync issues to the flight controller can't do an automatic take off because of something or rather in there. The esc and motors just all got really different recently. a lot are simonK related but even then. Maytec used to run anything, now they won't run any motors.... I'm sitting on 68 esc's just from this year that didn't work so well testing different motor combos

My point exactly. Thank you for your personal confirmation. Someone is going to require manufacturers to certify equipment that is compatible. If it is not certified then you are on your own. However, that does not address soldering skills. :confusion:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
SimonK was a solution for the high pole count motors before the standard ESC manufacturers had their own fix. Now SimonK is seen as something people can't fly without and the firmware is causing more problems than it's ever fixed. I don't get it, standard ESC's are working great on a wide variety of motors but people still gravitate towards the SimonK stuff by default and then wonder why they have problems.

Not a slam on you Kloner, just adding to your comments.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
They are looking at the data like everyone else is. They will take action if needed based on the information available. Not all crashes are controller/firmware related. One was just posted on MRF that appears to be a esc compatibility issue. This has happened more than once.

i noticed that and i've been meaning to remove the A2 reference from the thread title. i'll do it now.

Carapau

Well, unless I am being a biff it looks like the logs are goosed as the time doesn't seem to have been logged correctly. Looking at the 029 file, clicking on the elevator input shows nothing due to a messed up time line. If anyone else is seeing something different I would love to know as I have seen a few logs like this now and perhaps this is part of the indications of the A2 going doolally or does it point to something else?

kloner

Aerial DP
i don't get data anywhere. My guess is this setup didn't have all the components up to the latest or at least matching firmwares. the data compatibility has worked not worked as firmwares came out.... but once mine worked after not for a few updates when i first got it, i stopped at 2.1. the iosd data would look like this does

Tahoe Ed

Just a point to note. The iOSD has to be connected to Can 1 not Can 2. This may be part of some of the issues that people are seeing.

Carapau

Well can't speak for which port Crowjet had his iOSD plugged into but I triple checked my canbus plugs and my iOSD was plugged into Can 1 and as I said, it didn't record properly but a good point none the less from Ed. Oh, and my iOSD was at the correct firmware level too. it would be worth checking that one @crowjet

crowjet

Hi

mine was connected to CAN1 with IMU and GPS on CAN2 i connected the PMU, like in the notice from DJI of the A2 system.

Regards

Jean-Marc