GoPro Hero 4?

kloner

Aerial DP
been waiting a while.. the rumor was end of may.... but they have a habit of releasing a new camera every year and it's traditionaly been end of summer, begining of fall.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
As ever some of the features will be nice like the 1080P @120fps but unless the lens can be re-focused like you can on the GoPro3+ it will not be good for AV.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Have I messed something, did not think any GoPro did manual exposure.

My Gopro 1 nor 3 have only auto exposure. I hate auto exposure. Too much blown out sky. can't stand it.

There would have to be a serious upgrade for me to buy another gopro if there isn't manual exposure or way better auto exposure.

There is a claim by GoPro that they adjusted the focus for all the newer released batches such that there is no longer a need to turn the lens. I tried per a Youtube video but gave up..... couldn't get the lens to turn and it also voids the warranty. Maybe I will pick up the older GoPro3 Black and keep the 3+ on the ground.

How do you refocus the lens?

kloner

Aerial DP
if your camera isn't focused they will warranty you to one that does.....

You gotta totaly take the camera apart to get to the lens to break the loctite stuff they use, backbone.ca has some good instructions on how to get there.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Not on the GP3+ you don't, you can just pop off the ring around the lens, remove a clip, grab some pliers and turn it, very little glue holding it.