Air Plan iPad App

Akermay

Hi everyone,

For the past few months I have been working on an iPad app for multi-rotor users. Its called Air Plan. For as long as I have been flying paperwork has followed me and my intention with Air Plan is to reduce that paperwork to make everyones lives a little easier without compromising your work flow.

Air Plan allows you to record your essential flight data, a must for multi-rotor professionals and hobbyists alike:

Flight Logs
• Aircraft • Pilot • Start Time • End Time • Duration
• Wind Speed • Temperature • Precipitation • Flight Mode
• Purpose of Flight • Location • Additional Notes

Battery Logs
• Name • Number • Reference • Voltage • mAh
• Aircraft • Date

Maintenance Logs
• Date • Work Done • Reason • Flight Tested
• Mechanic • Additional Notes

More
• Keep an inventory of your equipment i.e. Aircraft, Components, Batteries
• See your flight history on the map
• Build a team list with different roles and responsibilities
• Safety Checks, create pre-flight, post take-off check lists and emergency procedures
• Export/Share your data to be viewed in spreadsheet apps, including Numbers and Excel
• Powerful data filtering, allowing easy, hassle free control and viewing of your records

I have just finalised version 1.0 and submitted it to the AppStore today. A result of which means Air Plan should be downloadable very soon.

I am always open to suggestions and critique, so if you have any requests or feedback, I would be more than happy to hear it. Any response is greatly appreciated. A lot of hard work has gone into this so I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your impressions.

We have plenty planned for future releases, a few of these include: an iPhone companion app, task management and pre-deplyment and site surveys.

Don't hesitate to leave a message here or get in touch via email. Please do check out the website and social media and follow us there. I'll be sure to post back here and on any social media as and when milestones are reached or questions are asked. Specifically, when Air Plan becomes available to download.

Thanks,
Josh.

http://airplanapp.com
http://facebook.com/airplanapp
http://twitter.com/airplanapp
Email: hello@airplanapp.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Darson Hall

Hey sounds very cool. Could be a very nice tool to keep track of what I'm horrible at keeping track of. Will check it out for sure. Best of luck!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Looks like this could be a really cool app - and eliminate the tons of scrap paper that seems to fill my pockets after flight days :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

For the past few months I have been working on an iPad app for multi-rotor users. Its called Air Plan. For as long as I have been flying paperwork has followed me and my intention with Air Plan is to reduce that paperwork to make everyones lives a little easier without compromising your work flow.

Air Plan allows you to record your essential flight data, a must for multi-rotor professionals and hobbyists alike:

Flight Logs
• Aircraft • Pilot • Start Time • End Time • Duration
• Wind Speed • Temperature • Precipitation • Flight Mode
• Purpose of Flight • Location • Additional Notes

Battery Logs
• Name • Number • Reference • Voltage • mAh
• Aircraft • Date

Maintenance Logs
• Date • Work Done • Reason • Flight Tested
• Mechanic • Additional Notes

More
• Keep an inventory of your equipment i.e. Aircraft, Components, Batteries
• See your flight history on the map
• Build a team list with different roles and responsibilities
• Safety Checks, create pre-flight, post take-off check lists and emergency procedures
• Export/Share your data to be viewed in spreadsheet apps, including Numbers and Excel
• Powerful data filtering, allowing easy, hassle free control and viewing of your records

I have just finalised version 1.0 and submitted it to the AppStore today. A result of which means Air Plan should be downloadable very soon.

I am always open to suggestions and critique, so if you have any requests or feedback, I would be more than happy to hear it. Any response is greatly appreciated. A lot of hard work has gone into this so I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing your impressions.

We have plenty planned for future releases, a few of these include: an iPhone companion app, task management and pre-deplyment and site surveys.

Don't hesitate to leave a message here or get in touch via email. Please do check out the website and social media and follow us there. I'll be sure to post back here and on any social media as and when milestones are reached or questions are asked. Specifically, when Air Plan becomes available to download.

Thanks,
Josh.

http://airplanapp.com
http://facebook.com/airplanapp
http://twitter.com/airplanapp
Email: hello@airplanapp.com

All sounds great.. The problem I have on any location is time. the faster logs can be completed the better. I have been trailing a few apps but all seem to fecking tap and shake complicated. When you are working with a crew and its costing thousands an hour trying to justify any extra time inputting data to production is hard, even harder when the Director is in full flow and 'artists' are stamping their feet!

A generic location and then a very quick way of inputting flights is crucial for us.

Dave

Akermay

Pressures on! I'm glad your all interested though and hope it full fuels your needs. Don't hesitate to leave any feedback, as I have said. Everyone has slightly different operating habits so the more feedback the better it can be moulded into the best possible.

Kilby, the future always holds possibilities. I'm a one man band more less here, so future assistant could always be on the cards.

Dave, I think we can all agree. We've found our current implementation in Air Plan makes for very quicks flight log additions, amongst other things. We've still got ideas to improve this in the near future though. Currently we've stuck to a more traditional iOS input and navigation until we think we've nailed an alternative. This should make sense once you see it in action.

iceman

Does the app have a bar code scanner for quick battery log, that would speed things up on location. Like Dave pointed out, production crews are always on tight schedules and it seem they are always playing catch up on location.

Akermay

Glad you like it Dave and thank you for the feedback.

Thanks Soler, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Does the app have a bar code scanner for quick battery log, that would speed things up on location. Like Dave pointed out, production crews are always on tight schedules and it seem they are always playing catch up on location.

Iceman, we don't have any scanning capabilities like this at the moment. Currently, you can create an inventory of all your batteries, with names, references and numbers. Then when you create a log, you can select the battery from your inventory.

It would be quite challenging to implement the scanning but its a very good idea, we'll take a look into it.

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
I've been playing with it too. Looks good.

What about Risk assessments, site surveys etc. That would be helpful - along with the ability to take photos of the location for reference...

Akermay

I've been playing with it too. Looks good.

What about Risk assessments, site surveys etc. That would be helpful - along with the ability to take photos of the location for reference...

Thats great Baja. Pre-deployment and on-site surveys are in the works. Taking photos is a great idea that hand't passed my mind, its on the todo list!