DJI has released its 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink, the DJI Lightbridge

DJI Lightbridge is a revolutionary 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink offering extremely powerful technology in a small and lightweight form. By offering 1920 x 1080p@30fps video data transmission from up to 1.7km (1.05 miles) away, it's the ideal solution for professional aerial creators and FPV users. It features an aluminum alloy casing, and extreme internal and external shielding for interference protection. Recharging can be done through the supplied charger or a 3S~6S Li-Po battery. Each charge lasts for up to 4.5 hours. Give your creativity a boost with pin sharp imagery today.
L1.jpg

Features:

• 1920 x 1080p@30fps video data transmission
  • Up to 1.7km (1.05 miles) long distance transmission
  • System latency of approximately 150ms
  • Built-in 2.4G remote control link
  • DJI multirotor flight controller required: A2/WKM/Naza-M V2/Phantom 2

3.jpg

Mobile device support

• USB charger for mobile devices functionality, prolonging the life of peripheral equipment.
  • USB mobile device charging support.
  • USB 2.0 image data output for iOS and Android synchronization
  • Android 4.1.2 or above recommended

L6.jpg

Built in OSD (On-Screen Display)
OSD is available natively, no additional equipment required.

Anti-interference technology

Up to 8 downlinks can be connected for parallel streaming. Each can work independently without interference with proper distance between them.

Multi-device operation

A single air system can transmit to multiple ground systems, sending video to multiple screens. One ground system will send the control signal while additional ground systems receive the video signal

Advanced security

Encryption ensures that only authorized devices receive data. Encryption can be set up through the Lightbridge app.

Please click here for more information.

DJI Lightbridge 2.4G full HD digital video downlink price adjustment announcement

As the DJI Lightbridge 2.4 G full HD digital video downlink has been delayed for some time, DJI has lowered its price to make up for the long wait. We have also optimized and improved its performance significantly ensuring it meets the needs of professional aerial creators.
In the first batch of units shipped, we will also be providing an accessory bag free to thank early buyers for their patience. This accessory pack includes

a smartphone holder
L19.jpg

a ground system stand
L13.jpg

an HDMI cable for Phantom 2 users
L20.jpg

For details on specific price adjustments and the free accessories pack, please contact your dealer. Thanks for your support!

Last edited by a moderator:

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Reading the specs it's very disappointing... 1080 @ 30p input, no 25p. States that dual controllers are only available for DJI HD gimbal...

ZAxis

Here we go again, DJI's right hand doesn't know what it's left hand is doing. Everyone and his dog has been using iOS apps with their gear so why did they launch with Android only? It's obviously not compatible with anything pre BMPCC gimbal so another upgrade cycle looms. Sort of explains why the BMPCC gimbal was so delayed, should we expect the GH4 HD gimbal real soon? Do they seriously expect the pilot and gimbal op to be wired together? Disappointed is too weak a statement.

andy

Kilby

I canceled my pre-order yesterday. I feel good about that choice today. There might be a good future for this tech once they sort out a few of the bugs/issues, but I'm not going to be a paying beta tester for them again.

econfly

This may be a transition, but I think the integrated video downlink and flight control concept has legs. You lose the interference problem, gain the potential for much better video, and it's very affordable compared to other HD video options out there (all assuming this works, of course). No doubt prior model Zens will have SD video only, but even that will be much clearer over the HD downlink that over analog. So, understanding the usual and necessary hesitation about new products in the RC space, this is very exciting stuff. The end game (and coming quickly I bet) will be integration on the operator side. It's a hack to have a Futaba radio with the Tx off in trainer mode, plugged into another device that decodes and re-encodes that for Tx, and then a third device plugged in for the video display. All of this needs to be one thing -- controls, Tx, and integrated HD video display. This has to be coming. And, as usual, the only reason to play now is to get the benefit now. This space is so fast moving that investment is almost meaningless on the consumer end. Buy it and use it today or don't buy it at all, because its obsolete garbage tomorrow. And that's not all bad. It just means that we are in a very exciting period of intense innovation.

Tahoe Ed

I downloaded the new firmware yesterday and the results were great until I upgraded the air unit and got a hardware mismatch error. Oh well I will have a production unit by Friday. What I did notice is the latency is about 50% less than the previous version that I have tested. I can't wait until I can test the current version. I am planning on using it on all my copters. The connections are very easy to make. Right now I have one on my P2 and another on my F550 with A2. Very versatile.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Curious, does the lightbridge show you FC status lights on the OSD? Like if it loses sats or what flight mode its in.

photobobga

Does anybody share my concern that since it is transferring the data via the Tx on 2.4 it might or could interfere with the Rx during flight?

Kilby

Photobobga, the radio is actually transmitted over the light bridge in slave/training mode. There is only one transmission, not two.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The idea of combining both the video and the control over one link is very sound. What isn't so sound is DJI's record in implementing equipment fit for the market rather than fit for the public beta testers out there. For that reason alone I wouldn't touch the Lightbridge with a barge pole until it has been on the market for some good time.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yeh thats if you can get hold of one.. oh and what if you need a spare part.. basically you will be screwed for weeks if not months… 5 weeks and counting for A2 GPS.. 4 weeks and counting WKM FC…

As Angus says dont touch it with a barge pole until them willing to be beta testers have lost hair.. I was one of those idiots for a while but now I will hand over the batten to some other over enthusiastic fools!

When you see spares on dealers websites then it may be worth a go.. like wise for all other DJI products.. no spares means no support for the product.. anyone know where to get a S1000 arm clamp from?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

flitelab

So has anyone seen how this is going to work on the Zenmuse gimbals for GH3 and others? Using an hdmi cable out of the camera to the Lightbridge will be a no go due to the startup sequence alone, let alone any full panning.