Copter Skills? Win a $12,000 Tour through Lake Powell, Utah!

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
We are holding a contest to take you, a friend and your copter on a week-long expenses paid (minus travel to and from the lake) aerial filming trip of some of the best, never before filmed locations in the entire southwest US!

How it works:

1) Send us an email (http://www.dynamicphotoworkshops.com/contact) with a link to your aerial reel.

2) Tell us why YOU would be the best person for the trip.

3) On March 25th (only 12 days from now) we will pick a lucky winner to join us on this amazing adventure through these epic locations!

We will guide the winner and their copter to truly magnificent locations, including two elaborate sets of Anasazi ruins dating back to the 1200's, several slot canyons, one of which is perfect for aerial filming, several arches, towering canyon walls that rise 700' above the lake (like Tapestry Wall), Cathedral in the Desert, Hole in the Rock, epic canyons like Reflection Canyon and Secret Canyon, and stunning field of boulders in the San Juan river arm that are covered in petroglyphs dating back 3000 years - as well as stunning panoramic vistas like Padre Bay and Rock Creek Bay (the latter has several massive caves and water caves (half filled with water). You can see some of the images from the trip here: http://www.dynamicphotoworkshops.com/the-dynamic-landscape

We also have secured a permit for aerial filming from the National Park Service.

The winner will be required to provide a copy of all footage filmed during the trip for our promotional purposes, and is responsible for travel to and from the lake.

Good luck!

~Joel Belmont
Owner/Lead Instructor
Dynamic Photography Workshops

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
Dave,

It's the costs for the two seats on the trip (worth $5895 each) hence someone will win a $12,000 tour.

Regards,
~Joel

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Joel. Thanks for clearing that up.

When would it take place?
Do the models come along to?!

Dave

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
Dave,

We do two big trips every year. This trip would be May 11-17th, though we have flexibility to shift it almost a week earlier. This is our big landscape trip where we cover almost every interesting location on the lake (which has more shoreline than the entire west coast of the US!) both the north end, and the south end, which covers both southern Utah and into Northern Arizona.

Our fall trip in october is the one where we work with models, and only covers a fraction of the north lake - as working with models takes a lot more time - so we can't cover as many locations.

Regards,
~Joel

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Joel.. I am a northerner from Lancashire UK.. I am 54 years old and have seen my fair share of beautiful ladies and still do most days ;-)
What I dont see everyday is the locations and vistas you are making available... now which one do you think I am really interested in?

Lancashire humour is not always understood!

Thanks for offering this amazing opportunity to the members on here.

My humble application sent

Dave

ebawho

We are holding a contest to take you, a friend and your copter on a week-long expenses paid (minus travel to and from the lake) aerial filming trip of some of the best, never before filmed locations in the entire southwest US!

How it works:

1) Send us an email (http://www.dynamicphotoworkshops.com/contact) with a link to your aerial reel.

2) Tell us why YOU would be the best person for the trip.

3) On March 25th (only 12 days from now) we will pick a lucky winner to join us on this amazing adventure through these epic locations!

We will guide the winner and their copter to truly magnificent locations, including two elaborate sets of Anasazi ruins dating back to the 1200's, several slot canyons, one of which is perfect for aerial filming, several arches, towering canyon walls that rise 700' above the lake (like Tapestry Wall), Cathedral in the Desert, Hole in the Rock, epic canyons like Reflection Canyon and Secret Canyon, and stunning field of boulders in the San Juan river arm that are covered in petroglyphs dating back 3000 years - as well as stunning panoramic vistas like Padre Bay and Rock Creek Bay (the latter has several massive caves and water caves (half filled with water). You can see some of the images from the trip here: http://www.dynamicphotoworkshops.com/the-dynamic-landscape

We also have secured a permit for aerial filming from the National Park Service.

The winner will be required to provide a copy of all footage filmed during the trip for our promotional purposes, and is responsible for travel to and from the lake.

Good luck!

~Joel Belmont
Owner/Lead Instructor
Dynamic Photography Workshops

this "contest" sounds more like an aerial filming job that the winner has to pay their own flight for... And not get paid. Sure the locations are beautiful, but really guys? You except someone to use their expensive gear, and years of training an experience to capture a bunch of footage to hand over to you to use to promote your business and make you money and you won't even cover their travel costs? Sounds pretty odd to me. The 12,000 figure is pretty misleading too.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
this "contest" sounds more like an aerial filming job that the winner has to pay their own flight for... And not get paid. Sure the locations are beautiful, but really guys? You except someone to use their expensive gear, and years of training an experience to capture a bunch of footage to hand over to you to use to promote your business and make you money and you won't even cover their travel costs? Sounds pretty odd to me. The 12,000 figure is pretty misleading too.

that's what I was thinking. it would have been nice also if they had run it by site Admin prior to posting their offer here.

MRF is not involved in this contest and will not be responsible for whatever happens as it relates to entries or awards in the posted contest.

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
You except someone to use their expensive gear, and years of training an experience to capture a bunch of footage to hand over to you to use to promote your business and make you money and you won't even cover their travel costs?

Tell you what. You invest a quarter of a million dollars into a company, and then you can charge people whatever you want, and give away whatever you want.

Or do you expect that my expensive gear (74' houseboat, 26' tritoon and 21' Crestliner - just on the *boat* side of our infrastructure), training and experience (I've spent half a decade scouring the over 1900 miles of shoreline for the best locations to film - as well as the best times of the day to be there) have no value?

If the winner is selected from a state close to Utah - it will be relatively cheap for them to travel there (we have to travel from out of state as well). But since it is our contest, we can chose to not fly two people from half way around the world in addition to the costs we have to eat to bring them on this trip.

As you know - there is no such thing as a free lunch. You win a sportscar? Guess what - you have to pay taxes on it. The person that wins this trip - they will be guided and accommodated for a week to remote locations than no one else gets to see. They also have a filming permit paid for. In return, a copy of what they shoot - I believe is not asking much.

If you want to enter - more power to you. If you win - it will be one of the most amazing things you get to experience in this lifetime. If it does not interest you, it's of little use complaining about how someone else runs a contest (2 cents).

jfro

Aerial Fun
From your website, it says you do photography workshops. I assume some of that will be happening on the trip besides just some Aerial filming?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Bart. May be they should have asked before posting but have you checked out where you get chance to fly? Also it would be a great opportunity for a professional to demonstrate to the national parks service (who have banned ALL commercial and I believe non commercial use of MR in ALL national parks) What we can reveal in terms of angles not achievable any other way but from a MR.

I have chucked my name in and will gladly pay for the flights for me and my wingman to get there... also believe from the reviews they cook a mean steak!

Just to be able capture footage and shots that no one else has ever got is good enough reason for anyone to want to do this.. well in my mind anyhow.

@ebawho... And so what if Joel uses the footage to promote his business, he will be also promoting who ever took the stuff... well thats my thoughts. guess the more that think its a issue or what ever, the more chance I get to go! (Not holding my breath though ;-) ) See the big guns aint chipped in yet!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
you can get permits to film aerials if you want it....

if he doesn't pick you dave and you want to go lets plan a trip out that way... got a killer river boat that'd haul all our crap around....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

if he doesn't pick you dave and you want to go lets plan a trip out that way... got a killer river boat that'd haul all our crap around....

count me in! we can shoot aerials of the contest winner shooting aerials :shame:

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
From your website, it says you do photography workshops. I assume some of that will be happening on the trip besides just some Aerial filming?

Yes - we do photography workshops as well. However this will be a separate trip - where we just take the winner (and their friend) on a personally guided trip through the best locations from all of our workshops (both the north and south end of the lake) and help them to get the best possible shots. We will also will be photographing and filming ourselves (and doing motion-controlled timelapse)) in some of these locations. It's always a really fun and productive trip that is mutually beneficial for everyone.

While we are at the marina, the winner will have a private room (or two rooms if they bring a friend) on our luxury 74' houseboat. While we are out for the rest of the week on location (up to 90 miles away from the marina as the crow flies) we will camp on location, though we tend to camp in style (hot showers, gourmet meals, etc).

If getting to explore and see epic locations that will positively blow your mind (and which NO one else has ever gotten to film from the air, as well as enjoying spring time in the southwest - along the shores of a magical lake, with a crackling campfire and a star-packed sky overhead - if this sounds like your kind of adventure - feel free to enter the contest.

Best of luck to all!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yes - we do photography workshops as well. However this will be a separate trip - where we just take the winner (and their friend) on a personally guided trip through the best locations from all of our workshops (both the north and south end of the lake) and help them to get the best possible shots. We will also will be photographing and filming ourselves (and doing motion-controlled timelapse)) in some of these locations. It's always a really fun and productive trip that is mutually beneficial for everyone.

While we are at the marina, the winner will have a private room (or two rooms if they bring a friend) on our luxury 74' houseboat. While we are out for the rest of the week on location (up to 90 miles away from the marina as the crow flies) we will camp on location, though we tend to camp in style (hot showers, gourmet meals, etc).

If getting to explore and see epic locations that will positively blow your mind (and which NO one else has ever gotten to film from the air, as well as enjoying spring time in the southwest - along the shores of a magical lake, with a crackling campfire and a star-packed sky overhead - if this sounds like your kind of adventure - feel free to enter the contest.

Best of luck to all!

When will a winner be chosen? Its not that far away and expeds like this need planning to be successful.. (not your planning - the winners)

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Is that the boat that looks like its out of Mad Max? That would 'be awesome'. (USA SPEAK) 'Grand as out' (Lancashire speak).

Permits to just get into places like Joel is on about though is hard aint it? (I used to run trips out there in another life and the last one I did in GrandCanyon was a B'stard to get the permits for, even for a off beat trail like the Porcupine) Let alone permissions for filming by MR.

Dave

JoelBelmont

DynamicWorkshops
When will a winner be chosen? Its not that far away and expeds like this need planning to be successful.. (not your planning - the winners)

Dave

Dave,

We will chose the winner on March 25th (in 11 days).

Thanks for your submission - you are definitely among the top contenders.

Regards,
~Joel