DJI A2 Official Users' Thread

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Only one reason. It's nice an' shiny - and it has a built in Rx.

OK, two reasons.

The hula-hoop training skid was made up to reduce breakage whilst testing a sick S800 that was behaving very badly. Now it gets strapped onto every new airframe for initial flights. I'm in Kenya and cannot afford to break things coz there ain't any spares out here! Another A2 on the way so I'll come back here and tell you all which bit of this one is misbehaving. At least, I HOPE it is as simple as that.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
No extras. Just the A2 on an EVO with a LiPo at the front for balance. Was only supposed to be a routine first verification flight. I won't waste time guessing yet. I'll wait for the replacement A2.

On the subject of the iOSD, I am wondering how one is supposed to glean useful fault-finding info from all those pretty patterns. Okay, so the voltage changed at some point, or the motor blipped ... but why? It would also be a whole load more helpful if the IOSD files were date stamped, rather than meaningless consecutive file numbers.

Tahoe Ed

No it is like a a mid size car to a luxury car. The A2 is the next generation of pro line controllers for DJI. The position hold is pretty fantastic in my opinion. I am building another one and getting ready for the Zen 15 for BMPCC.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Seems that DJI is focusing on a common RC receiver c/w s.bus and more channels for more than one MR product and also a 100% compatible RC xmitter.
Just wondering though..... what the heck is DESST?

Actually if you look at them overlapped you can start to see pattern as to what is happening.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Would anyone happen to know if the little hole on the A2 PMU needs to be exposed to atmosphere? It's just to the upper left of the A2 label on the top face. I'd like to mount it upside down to help with the lay of the wires.

I'm having a slight OCD induced anxiety attack from all the wires and components! :) Trying to get them all neat and orderly is proving to be a challenge.

Thanks,
Bart

That tiny hole, if I recall correctly, is actually for the tiny onboard LED which you will not be able to see once mounted upside down.
Otherwise no worries.

Bartman

ok, thanks Peter, didn't realize there's a light in there. I've made room to mount it on either side of the controller unit so if the wires reach it will be right side up.

thanks,
bart

Tahoe Ed

Bart, there is a hole for air to enter for the Baro sensor. The manual states that it needs to be uncovered.

Bartman

there are two in opposites sides of the IMU for that, right? the hole i'm talking about is in the PMU which PL said was an LED.

bart

Tahoe Ed

The IMU's holes are stated to be for ventilation but it doesn't say what it is ventilating. Page 11 of the manual. The Baro may still be in the FC but there are no holes in it so the vent may be where the servo wires plug in.

Tried to send you a PM c/w the photo below but it seems PM does not allow uploading of images from a PC only from a URL...
PMU = Power Management Unit
IMU = Inertial Measurement Unit
This image is the PMU c/w mounting instructions.
.View attachment 16468

there are two in opposites sides of the IMU for that, right? the hole i'm talking about is in the PMU which PL said was an LED.

bart

Attachments

• PMU.JPG
    PMU.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 169

Tuukkuli

Does anyone know if it still necessary to remove the red wire from ESC´s with built-in bec? On Wookong manual it is clearly stated that:

"If you use 3rd party ESC´s, please cut the red wire (power wire) of your ESC´s.

On A2 manual I did not find such instructions.

Last edited by a moderator: