DJI A2 PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY (New firmware may change my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have just bought 2 of these new flight controllers. What they say is it works with DSM2 satellites but they dont.
Looking into it but as expected its smoke and mirrors.. on the one page WIKI it say suitable for Spekturm DX6 and DX8.. it does not work with DX8 and I dont own a DX6.... but then I am looking at flying the worlds most advanced multi rotor flight controller so why would I!!

Anyhow just a warning... I just thought it would work and it would be a seem less transplant.. it aint.. thai is unless you are FUTABA user.. so Futaba users does it work??

Which radios work with this ne controller.. what about telemetry?

DJI say t=you can use any TX via thir converter but hey guess what..... yep they aint available!! GREAT

Dave

cbpagent72

Good info, I was about to buy one. I am using a Futaba 14SG so the issues may not be the same but I am sure there is some. I would love to hear input from the DJI A2 Futaba users.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Seems like DJI are going very proprietary, with this "our converter stuff! I wonder how much extra that will cost?

Rainman

Well, if Fat-tuba is all they're really going to support then I guess I'll never be buying one ... you couldn't pay me to use futaba gear. That's really stupid.

ZAxis

Dave ...

Spektrum satellites come in two flavours, We have one that is simply labeled DSM2 and others that are marked with a large X. I've always thought that one is DSM2 and the other DSMX. They do not seem to be interchangable. May be worth checking yours.

andy

DennyR

If it works OK with Fut aba then OK but it needs to work with Dragon Link or EZ-UHF to be in the pro end of where it's at.

Zzr

DX18 bind failed sucks! I will get a new Futaba 18MZ by Tmrw or Tuesday. I think DJI will maybe new firmware for spectrum compability?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Never ceases to amaze me on the lack of detailed info DJI put out. Watch the Futaba link video. WHY is this info not in the manual. So what are us Sektrum users doing wrong?

DJI. Care to comment?

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
NO STILL DONT BUY ONE! The latest so called instructions for binding to DSM2 Spektrum systems does not work.

THIS IS PANTS DJI GET IT SORTED

AND WHERE IS TGHE SBUS COVERTER????? at least then we may be able to use one of these things with Spektrum TX equipment

WHY OH WHY WOULD YOU BUILD IN A FUTABA RECEIVER THAT CANT EVEN SEND TELEMETRY BACK

RANT RANT RANT

DAVE

NO STILL DONT BUY ONE! The latest so called instructions for binding to DSM2 Spektrum systems does not work.

THIS IS PANTS DJI GET IT SORTED

AND WHERE IS TGHE SBUS COVERTER????? at least then we may be able to use one of these things with Spektrum TX equipment

WHY OH WHY WOULD YOU BUILD IN A FUTABA RECEIVER THAT CANT EVEN SEND TELEMETRY BACK

RANT RANT RANT

DAVE

Have you upgraded to 1.1 that DJI released yesterday?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Andy I DONT WANT TO USE FUTABA! the quality of TX is absolutely pants compered with the DX18.
IF THEY - DJI had built in telemetry then I may have been tempted but they didn't.. Just a total wist of space and resources to build in a futaba RX in the 'MOST ADVANCED' flight controller!

Dave ...
Rather than wait for DJI, could you use a Futaba SBE-1S.bus adaptor. It seems to do the same as the DJI vapour ware.
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id=15947

andy

MM so I wonder why my software aint seeing the upgrade, even If I click info it says everything up to date...

Maybe a removal and a re-install is in order. Wasted to many hours on it today so Ill try again in the morning.

As usual when DJI release updates, not all files are uploaded to all servers :/ yeah, try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.