WooKong M Gain Settings?

drhuey

drhuey
I have a CineStar 8 HL with 360 Gimbal and the WooKong M flight controller. I had my first flight the other day and i didn't get far. The CS8 wobbled like a top at the end of it's spin and went right into the ground.

The folks at Quadrocopter (where i purchased my kit) thought it might be my gain settings.

Not sure where to start with the settings. I have them set at 220 for the Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical.

Can anyone help me with a best starting settings for these gains?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Are you flying it with it loaded to design lifting capabilities?

Sounds a tad high to start with, best it be slow and easy.. surly QC would be able too advise on recommended gains for what they sold you.

Dave

OBTW welcome to MRF. Where on the planet are you?
what do you want your machine for and please include as much info as possible, motors, sec's props… photos are always useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

drhuey

drhuey
Yes. I will have a Sony NX30 camera and dual 4 cell batteries on board.

I did speak to the QC folks today but they don't do a lot of work with the dji products so they weren't much help.

I was planing on another test flight tomorrow so i may drop the gain back a little and see what i get.

Thank you for the welcome. I am located in Cincinnati.

I did buy the DIY kit from QC - but i also have a Phantom and a FW500. I am very new to this but am having a lot of fun and learning a lot. I got into it for the photography and video aspects since that's what i do in my company.

Here's a link to the kit i purchased from QC - http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-8-Create-Your-Own-Package_p_820.html

schwett

sounds a little like what my s800 with wookong was doing when the various position settings relative to CG weren't correct, and when the CG was also very far off center.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
sounds a little like what my s800 with wookong was doing when the various position settings relative to CG weren't correct, and when the CG was also very far off center.

yep nice shout schwett.. drhuey have you set your centre of gravity for the IMU and GPS correctly. Photos will help. Many people get the x y z mixed up and have +figures when they should be -

Dave

drhuey

drhuey
You are correct about that. I had my IMU way off center - that has been corrected and I will be setting the inputs for the cg based on the new position.

Any thoughts on a good starting point for the gains?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drhuey

drhuey
Just got back from my test flight. It flew level in both att and gps. Also got the course and home lock to work. The gains are still a little touchy with a slight drift. I'll have to play with that before i introduce the 360 gimbal which is a beast.