Mikrokopter Droidworx AD 8 HLE (First Build)

RBlax

Do u hear beeps when descending?

I do not...

Enable you acoustic vario its off.

It's a two position switch. On / Off... It works, but the alititude hold does not engage. I would think that by seeing this thing drop out of the sky would mean that something is working correctly. However, the altitude that it was at when the switch was triggered did not sync properly. Maybe the Acoustic Vario is the problem??

Last edited by a moderator:

krleas

FPV Freak
Enable acoustic as Boris said.

Put kopter in altitude hold. if u hear beebs then check switch as Boris said,
if u have JETI look at box if u have equal sign, if u have - then u are not in neutral position.

RBlax

Fixed! I had to make some changes to my switches on the DX8. The switch I was using appeared to chopping power to my throttle, odd. So I disabled that function and did a few other things and wallah.

Efliernz

Pete
I have a strange question - as a diy'r. How much do the HLE arms weigh? I'm considering purchasing their arms separately for my own diy machine.

Many thanks

Pete

RBlax

Efliernz, I apologize but my rig is already built and I'd like to keep it that way =) Maybe someone here would be able to answer your question, but at this time I do not have time to dissemble. The carbon fiber is extremely light and durable. I haven't posted about it, because for one I'm a little embarrassed, but also because it was a freak of nature (I'm trying to convince myself of that)... The other day I took it out flying in 10-13 knot winds and on take off (into the wind mind you) I did not compensate for slight roll which instead of doing the smart thing and slowly getting my "hover bubble" established I put more power to my motors and that slight roll ended up being a somersault on the ground with prop contact. I was lucky, lucky, lucky!! No damage what-so-ever, but props were out of balance and I just replaced them.

Also after the somersault I flew her around and absolutely hated that wind. I landed, took off once more and noticed in a decent that one prop stopped spinning... I felt bummed, but it was only a solder contact that broke loose. I have since then re-soldered all my wires and I literally can pick my copter up from the wires.

REALLY awesome to know that she can still fly like a beast with a motor down. Just glad I didn't have any weight on her at the time. Curious as to how she would have held up!

Efliernz

Pete
I understand - no worries.

Good luck with your machine :)
I'm very much a diy'r but after putting 90 minutes of flight-time on my machine in the last week, I am thinking that I am likely to spend up on a DW at some stage...

Cheers

Pete

RBlax

Thanks Efliernz.

Here's a video in flight today - http://vimeo.com/28036340 . I wanted to shake things up a bit and see the quality of the capture. Well, I have a bit vibration every-now and then a bit of jerking. Maybe some gel pads will correct the vibration. I think the jerking is only caused by me. Today I was flying with the sun overhead and it was hard to see that bugger. Also, I'm still fresh noob and I have to get the feel for it. I need to decrease the sensitivity of my controls because the slightest movement results in quick reaction.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
you also seem to have a problem with the/tilt nick axis and random jumps or back lashes from time to time. If you ever get a chance to fly with a lighter camera gopro or something it would be cool to see the comparison. Still believe that the heavy camera setups are an issue for the Av 200.

Nice one though to the first tries !!!

RBlax

Boriss... I think it was only my flying causing the jerk. I have my nick set to stop right before you would see the rotors and with my 14mm lens attached that's not giving me a lot of wiggle room. This was causing it to appear to jerk as I was flying like a noob.

RBlax

Can I set my CareFree Control with my altitude switch? I'm sure this is a horrible idea and would love to know why. What's a good way to setup your CF function. I think I'm all out of channels!!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
NOT a good idea.. I think Carefree is a disaster waiting to happen for anyone. I would say learn to fly with out it as if you accidently switch it on in the middle of a flight the consequences can be horrific.. trust me!

It could be useful if yiou have the one shot you want to get going directly away from you with a smooth pan left or right say to fly past something but keeping the lens pointed at the target but other than that I would say its pretty dangerous! As I said I would forget it and disable it unless you want that one shot

Dave

RBlax

I will have a lot of those shots hopefully. So when the time comes, what should I pair it with or which makes sense to get rid of for that function.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I will have a lot of those shots hopefully. So when the time comes, what should I pair it with or which makes sense to get rid of for that function.

Pair it with?

Ney it should be on its own switch if you really want it

Dave

RBlax

Pair it with?

Ney it should be on its own switch if you really want it

Dave

Ok... Sounds good. After flying today and it going so well. I don't think I will need it so much for a while if at all.

Today's flying went very well and it seems like me and the copter are getting to know each other. More so me getting to know the copter. I never planned on crazy experienced maneuvers and just plan on a lot of boring flying for camera work. Over time if it happens that I become "pro" I will accept it :).