New Member from West Sussex UK

Dave you will have to be able to fly to BMFA standard with the BNUC thing anyway.

The BMFA is an excellent organisation and I really wish they had jumped in with the licencing thing.

Macsgrafs

Gary, yesterday I obtained my BMFA "A" cert with my trex600, it was quite a walk in the park with 3MPH winds. So what would I have to do next as regards the CAA?

Regards
Ross

Macsgrafs

Dave it was the flight & 5 questions from the BMFA handbook, was going to do my B test as well, but the wind picked up in the afternoon, so mission aborted until next calm day ;)

Ross

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave you will have to be able to fly to BMFA standard with the BNUC thing anyway.

The BMFA is an excellent organisation and I really wish they had jumped in with the licencing thing.

Gary I can fly to hele B standards but not with a hele!

Well until cast iron gets in the way ;-)

Dave

Macsgrafs

Perfect Ross, well done now you just need to write your safety case for the CAA, something you would have had to have done with the BNUC as well and send off the form and £100 and something quid.

Looks for form...

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=3989

Then once you have the piece of paper you are ordered to help others coming along ;-)

Thanks Gary, will check out the link & of course would get great enjoyment out of helping others...thats what it's all about.
I am here because I need help.same as everyone on here ;)

One point Gary, on that form it asks for a grid reference of where I will be flying...does that mean i have to submit a form & fee for EVERY paid flight I make????

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Section 10.

SRG 1320 I came across this in note 10:-

‘Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition'

Any form of surveillance or data acquisition!!!!!! Well that counts me out.

I will not be surveying, but filming & taking landscape shots of locations. As for data acquisition.....I wont be acquiring any data, just moving & still images...images, not data!

Though they will take it the dictionary way & not the legal way, as its to thier advantage :(

Ross

Last edited by a moderator: