ImmersionRC EZUHF...bugs in 1.48 firmware

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Been trying to get a new EZUHF set-up working and the only option via the IRC website is ver1.48 but it is buggy and folks are reverting back to ver1.43. I'm trying to get it working but would be happy to have it working with 1.43 in the meantime.

Would anyone happen to have the .zip file for ver1.43? If I happen to come across it elsewhere I'll post it here.

Thanks,
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

thanks kloner. i'll PM you the address but can you also try attaching it to a post here so it can be downloaded by anyone else that wants to try it?

Bartman

1.48 is being reported as buggy by multiple users. I've asked what the timeframe is to get it resolved and so far haven't received an answer. Firmware 1.43 is considered stable but I'm having trouble with that as well, it will bind and respond to inputs but when I power up later it isn't the same as it was when I left it.

Still trying to figure it out but here's a link to the thread at fpvlab.com....

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?21419-Problem-with-new-V1.48-firmware-on-EzUHF

Decide for yourself.

Bart

rudeboy

I'm after 1.42 if anyone has it? tried to update all my stuff today to 1.48 but my 4ch rx just refuses to go into program mode, all my 8ch rx's and tx updated no problem but my 4ch one won't,
done all the usuals, uninstalled tools, drivers etc and re-installed and still the same everything connects and works fine apart from my 4ch rx although I can read and change settings it just wont go into program mode.

everything was fine on 1.42 so happy to roll back to 1.42 so I can have all my rx's working again as at the moment I'll have to keep swapping an rx between 2 birds.

Bartman

Bart, is this buggyness specific to using it with the JR? You got me curious about that.

well, there's the problem that it won't work properly with Windows 8 and there's a problem that 1.48 won't bind for a lot of people or it binds but then forgets. it's not really specific to the JR 9503 but that radio isn't recommended for use with the EZUHF. i actually ordered a Futaba T8J just for this heli since things seem to work well with that radio.

not sure what to do but i'm dead in the water. i tried using my hitec aurora 9 and it's dead now too. jury's still out but if the futaba works then that's what we're going to use.

DennyR

Bart you should have spent 50 usd and bought a Turdigy-9 and flashed it with ER9X.using a smarty pants and back screen light. Then used the king... Dragon Link.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I sold my EZ-UHF as it was far from EZ and with random inputs during flight.
Too much hassle not enough I.T support as windows 8 is all you can buy new in a laptop now and it still has communication errors and locks up and closes with great regularity

Really got sick of being a beta tester and having to keep upgrading firmware that was a hassle to upgrade with constant comm failures on 3 different laptops

looking into what to replace it with now

kloner

Aerial DP
i stuck with an older firmware and it works great,,,, been 18 miles away and more rssi than video signal....... too bad

i'd avoid dragonlink and go straight to a sherrer system but usually the problems i've seen in others was easily fixed with a new futaba 8j for $270 with the ezuhf on that and it works bitchen

Bartman

been trying to upload the firmware .zip files but i downloaded them to my iMac when I was in VMware running Win7 (because Win8 on my new laptop doesn't work with the EZ software client) and now I can't find the files on my harddrive when I"m in regular mac mode. I think I have to run the windows emulator again and go looking for the file that way.

firmware 1.48 seems ot be working for some people and not working for others. IMmersionRC is expanding, hiring people, bringing out new products, etc. but the EZUHF firmware problems seem to be dead in the water. maybe the new futaba radio will fix it....wanted to use the JR but couldn't, had the HItec but it's apparently fried, so ordered the Futaba....:upset:

Win7 seems to be the only operating system that works well with the EZUHF firmware updating client. WinXP and WIn8 both aren't working for me.

Bart

STI-REX

Gettin Old
but usually the problems i've seen in others was easily fixed with a new futaba 8j for $270 with the ezuhf on that and it works bitchen

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the deal with the T8J compared to the T8FG Super running V5.0 Futaba firmware ( radio I use )

Why does this T8J work "bitchen" and the T8fg does not, are the ppm streams so different ?
Just asking :tennis:

kloner

Aerial DP
i've setup 8fg too but i too had problems getting it going. The number one thing i've done on both radios is open the futaba trainer chords bottom pins so there is no ppm going from ezuhf to the radio pin or voltage on all of the futaba radios i've built. when that clip is open and we call the wire side bottom, there shouldn't be any pins on the bottom row...... i physicaly cut the wire, grab the pin with needle nose pliers and pull those pins out of the block.... If you need it, i can get one open to show but it's a pretty simple deal. leaving that power in and letting immersion control what power goes where never worked for me

whats different between those two radios, oh about 6 channels......

here is ezuhf mounted to a disco pro with the digital pigtail into the osd. rssi is square and center. it's a half mile to a mile away

DIS is in feet rsi bottom left