Problem with dji Evo2 S800

leantto

Hi all of you i have serious problem with s800 v2
When the wind is a litle strong about 20-23kmh the copter starting moving hard to the left side and then back to the center.
Any idea what is this problem???
i try everything change the arm left to the right roll back to the 5,22 firmware redused the gain but nothing..my current version is 5,26
my gain is
Basic: Pitch190 Roll170
Attitude: 200 180

Yaw 200 Vertical 200

Wookong is a version 1 and Gps

This is a video with the problem:

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi all of you i have serious problem with s800 v2
When the wind is a litle strong about 20-23kmh the copter starting moving hard to the left side and then back to the center.
Any idea what is this problem???
i try everything change the arm left to the right roll back to the 5,22 firmware redused the gain but nothing..my current version is 5,26
my gain is
Basic: Pitch190 Roll170
Attitude: 200 180

Yaw 200 Vertical 200

Wookong is a version 1 and Gps

This is a video with the problem:

hmm its a hard one to determine from this video too short would have been great to see some more of these twitches !

In general though this behavior is not uncommon for the WKM when it regulates. It gets hit by the wind and wants to keep position (pretty sure you were in GPS mode) and regulates in a harsch way to keep the position. Its doesn't want to swing out and regulates back slowly but on the point, the cost of a more precise position hold.

At the same time though there could be a wiring problem, but to tell the truth the chances are slim. If the ESC would loose its PWM signal it will probably reboot and you would be in bigger problems. Powerloss on one of the ESCs i also doubt, phase problem on the motors all stuff that would cause a more dramatic outcome.

Personally I think its a combo of things, the way the WKM regulates and the more wind the more vibrations on the IMU resulting.

But like said hard to tell from these couple seconds of video.

Boris

leantto

hmm its a hard one to determine from this video too short would have been great to see some more of these twitches !

In general though this behavior is not uncommon for the WKM when it regulates. It gets hit by the wind and wants to keep position (pretty sure you were in GPS mode) and regulates in a harsch way to keep the position. Its doesn't want to swing out and regulates back slowly but on the point, the cost of a more precise position hold.

At the same time though there could be a wiring problem, but to tell the truth the chances are slim. If the ESC would loose its PWM signal it will probably reboot and you would be in bigger problems. Powerloss on one of the ESCs i also doubt, phase problem on the motors all stuff that would cause a more dramatic outcome.

Personally I think its a combo of things, the way the WKM regulates and the more wind the more vibrations on the IMU resulting.

But like said hard to tell from these couple seconds of video.

Boris

Boris thnaks for your answear

The problem is not every day for this reason is dificult to copy a video i use Gens ace battery 10000mah and 8000 i check when i used 8000mah and the wind is a litle heavy the problem is coming.Today iam very very lucky,The wind is about 20kmh make test flightt with 10000mah battery and everything is ok... i change the battery 8000mah the copter is a hover suddenly starting fast moving left and then back to center( like the video 0,03sec)for the many swing landed very hard. i try to take off again but the copter is moving hard (the same problem) all of this a few meters from the ground now ..Then ι check all the wires arms connection but everything is a ok then i took the zenmuse and i try again only s800 and stock landed gear i fly 6min with same battery with no problem...results yours...!!!
sorry for my english i try for the best.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Can't tell what the problem is but your gains are quite high. I use a lot less. About 130% to 160%. And 100% for attitude gains. I find the S800 gets twitchy with high gains.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

leantto

Can't tell what the problem is but your gains are quite high. I use a lot less. About 130% to 160%. And 100% for attitude gains. I find the S800 gets twitchy with high gains.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Benjamin for your advise i try tomorow to redused the gain and I wish to have the same wind for the test.
But i have another s800 a year older with the same gain and a lot of flght in strong wind in greek island and i don't have this problem... this copters is twins only difference is the evo arms i don't used dji vibration and don't change the IMU to IMU V2 with hard case becuse i had no problem with the first s800.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Fair enough. If it works for you stick with it. I also have the IMU (V1) and have not had a problem with it. Good luck mate!

photobobga

I have been chasing a very similar issue. The gain settings were the cause. My current setting are: 180.180.160.170 atti 160.160 It was the atti numbers that really made the difference. It may not hold a extreme specific position while in atti with the wind but it sure does respond a lot smoother with flight commands.

-Bob

ChrisViperM

Lots of people are chasing the "perfect" gain in forums and keep asking: "what's your gains on product x with controller y...".

There is no perfect gain for every occasion....windy weather needs a different gain setting than a calm day.....I have a few gain settings for different weather condition, downloaded saved as a file from the Assistant software, so it's easy to quickly adopt to different weather (if you have laptop with you). To find the right gain settings for you, just follow the easy instructions from DJI:

[h=2]Part 2: WooKoog-M series / NAZA Control Parameters Tuning[/h] [h=3]1. Basic Parameters[/h] Usually, the default parameters are ready to go. However, different multi rotors have different gains because of different size, ESC, motor and propeller. If gain is too large, you will find the multi rotoroscillating in the corresponding direction (About 5~10Hz). If too small, the multi rotorwill likely to be hard to control. So you can still setup the basic Gain of Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical manually according to your multi rotor to have a wonderful fly experience. We suggest you to change 10% to 15% of the parameter at a time.
1) Basic Gain
Pitch and Roll: To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time) until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.
Yaw:The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.
Vertical: You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.
2) Attitude Gain
Attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from command stick, the bigger the value the quicker the reaction. Increase it for sharper and quicker leveling action after command stick released. The control feeling will be stiffness and rigid if the value is too high; and sluggish leveling action and slow braking if too small.

Chris

leantto

Hi all of you today i redused the gain, is the similar with you Bob.. the problem is coming today after 4.5sec flight with NO winds 0kmh and i used 8000mah battery(the problem there is ATTI and GPS mode) here the video:
Tomorow unistall for the second s800 the wookong and i change all one by one IMU, regulator and controler to find the problem!!!!