Photohigher AV200 PRO, Video Vibrations ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Bart thanks ! i will do something on those lines, trying to also use the Lipos to give the landing-gear more support.
RBlax is will post everything that actually made sense after trying it. Hope the thrust bearing instead of the plastic washers will be a step forward !

Boris

jes1111

The two ways to get a good quality straight cut:
- a jigsaw (against a straight edge) with a carbide blade (as used for cutting tile)
- a "tile saw" (as used for cutting bathroom/kitchen tiles) - the presence of water kills the (horrendous) dust that method #1 kicks up ;)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay just got the thrust ball bearing and they just make sense ! Cant go out to fly today but doing ground test and feeling the reduced resistence i am confident they will work and improve the PH one step further !
I took the german ones: http://www.kugellagershopberlin.de/...=71&pname=axialrollenlager-axk0619--6x19x4-mm
and the ID of 6 mm fits perfectly. The Boca bearing seem to be of better quality but the ones with ID 6 have a small OD and in the case of stabilizing the gimbal the bigger OD wins.

View attachment 607 View attachment 608

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 330
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
just got my new lipo holder plates, they seem to make sense since placing the lipo on it gives addtional stabiliy to the wobbely landing gear. I just hope that the extra weight if a harder landing happens wont crash the booms, whole landing gear.

View attachment 666

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 338

jes1111

If the landing gear breaks on a heavy landing, that'll be a GOOD thing - energy has to be absorbed somewhere: better that it breaks something relatively cheap to replace rather than travels through to something more expensive.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp I have seen it already, great Stuff !!!. I dont know if he used post stabi or not. But i am coming to the point were I am considering that it might be more important to dig deeper into the actual camera equipment ( as in know your **** ) concentrate on post production or get one of my filmmaker friends to take care of it :) I think the strive to having a full flown 8 min without any hick ups might just take to much time or is honestly not achieved by anyone or only a few.

But damm he is doing exactly what i want to do. Take the bird to higher hights of some austrian mountains and for sure Africa ! Essential i bought the thing to take some pictures and makes some movies of my real estate, construction sights, for marketing reasons :)

Coastline in Namibia or take it island hopping on the maldives :)

Stacky

Boris, some people are attaching their Lipos in such a way that they come free on a hard landing which helps with dissipating energy.

just got my new lipo holder plates, they seem to make sense since placing the lipo on it gives addtional stabiliy to the wobbely landing gear. I just hope that the extra weight if a harder landing happens wont crash the booms, whole landing gear.

View attachment 1234

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
MMMEEEEE.. Ive been battering on about that for ages... on my small cc quad i have the landing gear and batteries all just stuck on with velcro

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Concerning: http://www.vimeo.com/27054891

Ah he is not using any

"rc-video.org 17 hours ago
I'm using a Photohigher AV200 with no compensation"

Stabilization ( I think he means that) for the PH only a cameraman controlling it, roll tilt.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay before the crash :)

I think it has improved again by a bit but i still have small shakes on the nick/tilt axis although i am really just hovering and given it a little forward backwards movement, little yaw. I observed the kopter more closely and it lied ( past past tense ) in the air like a tank no hard corrections from the FC. Still the tilt jumps less than the last try though i think.

Am i asking for too much ?

[video]http://sprealinvest.at/better3/better3.html[/video]

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
guys were does the truth lie between these amazing film footage you see and that actually being clean footage from the flight or post production hitting in and most of them are stabilized ? Is there the perfect 8 min flight with no jumps and pumps ? Most vids seems edited and parts taken out.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
coming to the point were i think some of the unwanted movements might also be due to my pid setting.

Took these two video showing the kopter hovering and at the same time the second vid showing the DSLR material. Vids are synced.

jes1111

I reckon you still need to establish if there's a mechanical reason for the jumping or the controller is actually "commanding" that jump. Maybe get a servo tester and hook it to each axis in turn. Set the craft on the table in front of you (with the camera in place) and move the servo back and forth, over its whole range and also in short steps - see if it "binds" mechanically in any way. I'd also try tipping the craft by placing a book under one side and then running the same experiment - it occurs to me that the weight of camera may be causing some small twisting in the gimbal at certain angles and that may be causing the mechanism to bind.

Glad to see you're back in the air, anyway :)

RBlax

Boriss it looks good man only noticed it being jerky in two spots. However I'm on the road. Can't wait to get back home and fly again...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
@jes1111, I tried it all except the servo testing which i will do now. Its just seems like the whole AV 200 cant hold its state for one flight. Screws loosen up the belt is looser than before the roll serov is different jadda jadda etc. I think that the problem is exactly at the spot were the servos changes direction that in combination with a heavier DSLR. With the Gopro i never had any probs.

@ RBlax japp its okay, but once you get into it you want it perfect an no jerks at all :) silly game :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
@ RBlax japp its okay, but once you get into it you want it perfect an no jerks at all :) silly game :)

that's the problem. once you say to yourself that you'll get it perfect, there's no stopping until you get there.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay new pid settting did improve it a little, and its windy like every day, so testing is probably for nothing anyways.