XAircraft SuperX

Electro 2

Electro, I never tried manual, only attitude, I had better try maybe on my Phantom first.

Seems to me, I remember in the dark corners of my mind that the sensor mix on the Naza's "manual" mode is different than the SX. One may get accels in manual. I could be wrong, never owned or messed with a Naza.

Dhardjono

Electro have you try manual on super x if yes what should i expect going to try today on ali youtube he put it on manual he say it look easy to fly on manual

Dhardjono

Ok bad luck today perhaps it's Friday the 13 , 2013 i CRASH my new 650PRO that i gave tender care to build it nicely. It started withy cold day sunny i did the compas dance and the trhottle and middle stick procedure from xairamerica video works but did it 3 time cause i was doing it wrong but i got 10 gps signal on oisd i lift off i notice vibration on the landing skid it must be gain is to low but i unplug iyt for my gimbaltilt so i decided use 1 battery and fix that later on gps it hold position nicely windy day around 5 to 10 mph not bad . So i decided use att mode and just get use to the 650 went to far lost orientation that was the first mistake not to look at my video screen just head back but i decided to put to gps flick it to top like i do with dji phantom but on the 650 it was manual so i lost control and crash broke 2 arms and all 4 props lost my anntenna for fpv i try to look for it some where in grass i will go back tomorrow my arris 2000 v5 gimbal is so strong it fine i love that gimbal, Any way pilot error here's the black box report. http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_13_153405.604_21.1.07.43 HERE IS THE VIDEO IT'S SHAKY CAUSE GAIN TO LOW I HOPE CAUSE IT DID NOT HAVE ANY VIBRATION WHEN I WAS INDOOR FLYING. http://youtu.be/tze2XN6ndzQ

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ok bad luck today perhaps it's Friday the 13 , 2013 i CRASH my new 650PRO that i gave tender care to build it nicely. It started withy cold day sunny i did the compas dance and the trhottle and middle stick procedure from xairamerica video works but did it 3 time cause i was doing it wrong but i got 10 gps signal on oisd i lift off i notice vibration on the landing skid it must be gain is to low but i unplug iyt for my gimbaltilt so i decided use 1 battery and fix that later on gps it hold position nicely windy day around 5 to 10 mph not bad . So i decided use att mode and just get use to the 650 went to far lost orientation that was the first mistake not to look at my video screen just head back but i decided to put to gps flick it to top like i do with dji phantom but on the 650 it was manual so i lost control and crash broke 2 arms and all 4 props lost my anntenna for fpv i try to look for it some where in grass i will go back tomorrow my arris 2000 v5 gimbal is so strong it fine i love that gimbal, Any way pilot error here's the black box report. http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_13_153405.604_21.1.07.43 HERE IS THE VIDEO IT'S SHAKY CAUSE GAIN TO LOW I HOPE CAUSE IT DID NOT HAVE ANY VIBRATION WHEN I WAS INDOOR FLYING. http://youtu.be/tze2XN6ndzQ

A sad day indeed, never nice to crash, rips one's heart out but all a part of the learning process, I have not crashed my X650 YET! but every flight it is in my mind, my previous quad was rebuilt 5 times fully! so I know the feeling.

Chin up! old saying: " what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" you will get it back in the air and I'm sure you will remember where Manual, Attitude and GPS are on the switches.

When I loose orientation I hit RTH until the vehicle is back in sight then move to Attitude or GPS and continue flying.

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

Thanks X650 mouse i wanted to wait finish the battery than adjust the gain and than try RTH but thought it was on gps. time to order parts. why did you have to rebuild 5 time X650MOUSE ?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks X650 mouse i wanted to wait finish the battery than adjust the gain and than try RTH but thought it was on gps. time to order parts. why did you have to rebuild 5 time X650MOUSE ?

I got a Phantom clone called a Walkera QR X350 and basically learnt to fly on that! well it turned out to be one of the hardest quads to fly, way more complex than a Phantom, but nobody knew as we were all learning together, and it was not the worlds best vehicle, the soldering was atrocious to the extent an esc could stop at any time, or a solder joint would snap from the control board, there was no auto levelling and GPS hold was about a 3 meter circle.

So something like the X650 is really appreciated, anyway with the QRX350, I re-soldered every joint, replaced 3 esc, 1 motor and 5 full shells, a TX and RX, all down to pilot error, flight lessons and some crappy engineering, I went from novice to proficient reasonably quickly :nevreness: and that is my 5 rebuild story.

David

Electro 2

Actually, orientation or not, I'd guess incedent wind was way too high for a small craft. I kept looking for trees to gauge the wind but they all have shed their leaves for the winter. Sounded and looked too windy to me. What were the gains set at, anyway ?

Dhardjono

Eltro i set the gains in my living room so using the vr knob it was little pass center to the left counter clock wise. Than i unplug it and use that channel for my tilt for gimbal. When i take of i can see the landing skid vibrate it was not doing that at home maybe the wind or gain change some how.

Electro 2

VR knob it was little past center to the left counterclockwise.

Well, assuming the radio is set for the correct direction of travel on that channel, that would mean the gains specified in the GUI setup application were being reduced by a small amount. So, what gains did you have in the setup application? For what it's worth, if I tune the gains in flight, I always go back to the computer after that flight and add those corrections into the setup gain figure, then reset the radio gain back to zero, i.e. mid position. That way, I am always starting at a known position with known gains and any additions or subtractions via the radio, begin at zero (mid-position).

Electro 2

Here is the POV of the copter taking of and the copter camera.
http://youtu.be/wOSHguBwi5s

A little wavy-gravy but not real bad, I wouldn't call low gains based on this alone. I'd be far more concerned about those shakey motor drive levels. The 8KHz sound note from the ESCs is all over the map, shouldn't be. The motor drives here are "nervous" and jumpy. Smooth and consistant is what should happen. This is also evidenced by the altitude correction loop not doing a real good job, it wanders up and down. With a properly tuned SuperX, it's locked on in a big way. I've never seen AH work like this one does. There is some dipping in high winds, but little. Any number of things could cause the motor issue, one of which is gains *way too high*. Would need to know the actual numbers to check that one out.

Dhardjono

So it hi not low gains than i did hear a weird picth sound that i did not hear in my living room. Can i check the number thru the gui?

VIQuad

(Ok that's twice now he's asked :livid: )

Can you take a screen shot of your gains so he can see where you have them set?

Or maybe just post them here

Electro 2

So it's high, not low, gains

I don't absolutely know that, it's just a guess. We need to see the numbers.

I did hear a weird pitch sound that I did not hear in my living room.

It's the shakeyness in the pitch that is the issue. The EFC is trying to change the speed of the motors in a too rapid fashion. Not good.

Can I check the number through the GUI ?

Certainly, this is the normal fashion. Do realize any changes made with the "radio" gain, i.e. the knob, *won't* show in the GUI, only the basic gains. (I asked this very question earlier in this thread.) This is the reason I never leave any radio gain adjustments dialed-in between flights. It's not a repeatable, hard referenced, thing. The basic gains shown in the config app very much are.

Dhardjono

Attachments

• gui gains.jpg
    gui gains.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 191

Electro 2

View attachment 18903is this what you want to see VIQUAD OR IS IT THIS http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_13_153405.604_21.1.07.43 It look like -43 on the G IF G IS GAIN

Valid point "VIQuad", thank you. And there we go, gains are nominal, with settings at 1.0 across the board. Not a high-gain issue, possibly a low gain issue. The wavy motors thing has me bugged, I'm still thinking wind. Any idea of what they actually were in your waterside Bronx park today ? In the video I see wind. You simply can't fly a 650 class bird in anything over about 15 mph peak. XAircraft says 17, and I'd agree with that. I flew 3 times today and had to get down once because of a gust of 20 or so. Aircraft became too unstable to handle. Landed, waited until it passed, took off again, and was OK for the rest of the pack. This was a with a 635 at 4.2 lbs. If it had been the 1000 at 11 lbs, I probably would have been OK.