Another Kiwi...

Efliernz

Pete
Hi there, my name is Pete and I'm an AP holic...

I've been flying models for 30 years, rc helis for 7 and AP for 6 using Trex-600 and Trex-700 helis part-time - proof here: http://www.pbase.com/ascend_photography

I'm sorting a mount for this heli soon... after the hex.
135343988.jpg

My tri has a removable tilt-mount for the LX3.
135344010.jpg

135344047.jpg

My test hex Mk1. Built purely to test payload and flying characteristics with a Minsoo kim KK board and Turnigy 2217/17 860Kv motors.
135343993.jpg

Mk2 hex is on the table - proof soon ;)

I'm very much a diy'r and I usually build my own camera mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Hi Peter & welcome aboard. So you're neighbours with Rob & Linda then ;)
Great photos by the way. I also started with a trex600 & am now trying to get together a octocopter....note the word trying ;)

Ross

Efliernz

Pete
We just about know everyone here... yup :)

I love your kitchen comment! We have had a couple of "Spektrum/JR" losses so the wife knows the value of cheaper, safer flying. She is not complaining about my spending at the moment thanks to me landing a two-weekly construction shoot - for the next 7 months :)

She has seen the hex expenditure and how it is insignificant after the 700!

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Pete welcome on board. You have joined a great community here.. there is always an interest in what new members interests are.. Thanks for saving me the bovver of asking you! Great pics vids and post and an interesting web site. There are a couple of threads for videos and pics which are very interesting.

Post up your Hex build on the build tread.. There are a couple of hex builds going on on there.

Dave