XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

CrashMaster

If you have a UBEC with an output of 7.4v, 11.1v or 14.8v then you are fine. If you don't but have a small 3s (11.1v) then go for it.
Mine has two UBECs:-
1. 5v for the GoPro
2. 7.4v for my AeroXcraft Gopro gimbal.
I have no noticeable shortening in flight time and still get 17-19 mins flight time with 8a Lipo.
-----------------------------------
However, I am looking at putting my NEX7 with SELP1650 zoom lens on my X650 Pro now for the quality of stills but have the dilemma that I want the quality of a brushless but with variable zoom and interchangeability with GoPro Hero3 Black a servo driven gimbal would be better.

I was looking at a the ARRIS ZHAOYUN-COM 2-Axis Brushless Gimbal because the balance point is adjustable and is designed to take several different cameras: the NEX7 and GoPro being in their list. The only other solution is my Xaircraft CF gimbal, which I already have which is gear driven from servos or the now discontinued AeroXcraft VT125 which is belt driven from servos.

Life with just a GoPro was so much simpler - no balance issues, no zoom lenses and hundreds of gimbals specificity designed for it. Also a lot cheaper to replace should the worst ever happen.

Dhardjono

Yes i need to get 5v ubec for my go pro i hate removing battery from tarot i also want to try 8a lipo so the benefit of this 650 pro you can lift those heavy gimbal that good to know. Flying is easy: It's the crashing that hurts it hurst yesterday i was maneuvering behind a tree and did not see another tree behind it minor prop and landing skid change.

CrashMaster

You like my signature, I see.
Yes years of crashing makes me no better a pilot but more philosophical when it does happen. My 22 year old son has a saying which is so appropriate when disaster strikes - "S**t Happens".

It also helps to have the occasional indecent - your spares box grows so often I don't need a trip to the hobby shop, just dig deep in the box of bits.

Dhardjono

Has any one balance there motor with tape like how this guy is doing it?
seem worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashMaster

On my x650 I use Xaircraft motors which are manufactured by T-Motor and have never had to balance them.
Even my props only reqired a minimum balancing... Maybe I have been lucky.

Although my Phantom did need one motor balancing I did it with strips of electrical tape. My F550 needed no balancing at all.

The one motor I did need to balance I used the cable tie method.

Dhardjono

Good video Crashmaster i tested not that way i just put my phone on top of each motor it give me lowest to second lowest vibrationso not much at all on all motor than i attach it to front where the gimal is and flew it it was up to 4 fourth highest which was not bad.View attachment 15407View attachment 15408i added the moon gell betwen the 2 rod holder for the gimbal i will try that see if it better.

Attachments

• IMG_9433.jpg
    IMG_9433.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_9434.jpg
    IMG_9434.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 511

Dhardjono

Happy New Year every one

It not New Year yet here in N.Y.C but some of you already. yesterday wa my last flight trying fpv i discover that my gps works but only if i start the motor on att than lift of and turn gps which the lite turn green which suppose to be red and green but it works and i was fpv very slow it was windy 15 mph so gps hold steady help the copter in position.View attachment 15409 Here is a short video of the flight it's speed up to 900 percent.
my 1st with 650 pro and 2 time with phantom need more practice. So far i am happy with the 650 pro and super x just waiting for the new gps puck.:nevreness: One thing i did notice the osd gps is on the spot comparing to dji mini osd it 10 feet off when i follow that arrow to go back to you.

Attachments

• 2013-12-30 14.51.27.jpg
    2013-12-30 14.51.27.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 473

Dhardjono

Yesterday a new year fist flight of the year a beautiful cold day no wind dead calm i first stated in ferry point i went far but not far enouth to send the rth to turn on in my monitor failsafe blinking any way it brought it back i never try the rth yet since the gps is not working perfect since first crash. Than i decided time to test in water at glen island flew over water hoping to other island was nice use att mode.
Black Box -http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_01_01_213208.250_49.1.10.05 Oh yeah my tarot gimbal som time goes limp i heard of this problem i had couple of tarot gimbal but this tarot seem's to go limp every flight about 5 or 7 min into flight maybe i am sharing bec with 6 led light not sure why any one has any idea.:tennis:

Dhardjono

Ok a new Gimbal from Hobby Wing a 3 axis gimbal with the same rubber dampener suspension like a tarot i think this will work with 650 pro since i am having pretty good result with the original tarot . [video]http://hobby-wing.com./dys-smart-3-axis-brushless-gimbal.html[/video] :tennis::tennis::tennis: Any one on this forum any more.

Av8Chuck

I have been considering this gimbal the one issue I see with it is that there's no way to attach the HDMI cable.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The gimbal I have used and found to work excellently is the AeroXcraft Brushless GoPro gimbal (http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_25&products_id=41). I have the Phantom version too. They use the Martinez board and performs very well.

This video is a little old now but when I first tested it on my X650 Pro:-

Comparing a 2 axis gimbal to a 3 axis gimbal is a bit like comparing a mini bus to a F1 racing car. :highly_amused: both have 4 wheels but that's about it!

David