Multirotor live tv feed

Pjtyros

I have been shooting video with a canon 5D for some time, I use a standard 5.8ghz video downlink for the camera operator, I have been asked if I can do a live tv feed. Is anyone doing this already? If so what gear are you using?

Any help would be great.
thanks.

Pjtyros

So far all I know is just a live link for a golf event so I was wondering what others are using in that situation.
Thanks
Paul

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
If the feed has to be HD SDI then things will be a bit difficult as I don't think the bandwidth of a normal set up is big enough. Live means fancy electronics to reduce the time lag and would probably need a timebase corrector to be able to supply a stable feed.

Pjtyros

Yes I kind of guessed that HD would be a problem and the standard feed is probably just not good enough.
Thanks for your reply, perhaps I should stick to video work :nevreness:
Thanks
Paul

ZAxis

RC Jardin is right.
For Wireless HD there are 2 options.
HD over WiFi is the main option preferred for MR and is being used with pretty high success rates by a few compies. The main drawback are the limited range & in the event of a connection loss the re buffer time can prove a major issue as it can take minutes for the system to start sending pictures again.
The other option is digital wireless systems on licensed frequiencies. These systems are what you see piggybacked on things like f1 pit walk cameras but they are massively expensive & the transmitters are usually quite large & probably worth twice your MR alone!
we used a digital link on a job last weekend and it was impressive to say the least & it would punch a hole through just about anything when setup correctly.
good luck.
Lec