I have a NAVA M+GPS and a NAZA V2

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I have a NAVA M+GPS and a NAZA V2
Will the assistant recognize the two separate systems? Or do I need to make a new account?

ChrisViperM

If you hook up a brand new device, the assistant will ask you for account details....just put in your details and you are good.....no need for a new account.

Chris

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
New question.

I just took the old Naza and aircraft, updated the firmware to V2 and decided to go from 4S to 3S. (Set the voltage accordantly).
Now when I start up the Hex, the rotors spin very slowly until I get to Mid Stick Then they spool up good and fast and just over mid stick I'm in flight.
I just don't understand why the motors spin so low at the beginning, this never happened in V1. I'm also afraid to bring the throttle down too much now incase the motors go back spinning real slow and drop out of the sky or something.
Is this slow startup normal?

kloner

Aerial DP
it is the assisted take off in the v2 firmware. go just over half stick and it'll rev up and take off, if you jam the throttle you take it over to a degree and it makes a fast take off....

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
So once it's in flight and I drop the stick down, it wont just drop. It will come down controlled the way it's supposed to right? It just scared me and had me think that it would go back to a slow spin of the props if I dropped it too far below mid stick.

Will,
Once the MR has taken off, it operates the same as the old firmware. You are just experiencing the takeoff function. So, no, once you are in the air and you go below the 50% mark, it will still descend as before. Just like before, though, dropping throttle tonzeromwill shut them off. FYI, if you update your V1 Naza to the latest firmware, it will do the same.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Thank ProPilotWannaBe,

I updated the firmware of the firmware (3.12) and the Assistant (2.12).
I was just puzzled by this new spool up feature. Totally confused me.
So, from what I understand I only need to point the compas forward now. I don't have to set it off to the declination of my location anymore.
Note: I never got the PMU box for my Old V1. I just updated it to the (V3.12) without the PMU. Is it important to get the PMU for the Old Naza?
I have the PMU box for my Naza V2 that I will be setting up tomorrow. But I don't think I'll get the PMU for the old Naza unless needed.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
New ESC

By the way,

for my ship I'm using the Hobbywing Platinum Pro 30Amp Opto (B) {No BEC} 2-6S, ESCs.

Anyone try these? They say 423Mhz. so I'm guessing they're SimonK. Anyone try these or know anything about them?

I live in an area of low declination, so I can't speak first hand. But, yes, from what I've understood by reading the V3.12 software, you don't have to adjust that anymore.

On the old V1, the PMU and LED are combined into one black little unit. It isn't a separate unit. Don't you have that LED/PMU combo unit? The Naza wouldn't function without it from what I understand, but I could be wrong about that. I just don't see how you would be providing voltage to the Naza without it, nor would you know what mode or state the Naza would be in without it.

As for the ESC, can't help you there.

Tim

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Thanks Tim,

I think I must have mistyped. I have the little black BEC/LED/PMU with the old V1 Naza.
Now my V2 has the new PMU and LED separate. I didn't know if the new PMU that comes with new V2 naza could be bought separately and fitted on the old V1 Naza.
However, last night I saw Firebug, so there is no need fit the new V2 PMU on the Old V1 Naza.

I hope I didn't make this more confusing. Writing is not my strong suit.

kloner

Aerial DP
those are the best esc's before simonK. it's what we used in the vbar with the governor cause it was fast enough like the simonK made all of them. it leaves your voltage cutoffs in tact so you want to change to ni-xxx and dissable anything soft, slow or brake

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I got these from foxtech and they said they are ready for multirotor use.
The specs on the website (package all in Chinese so useless) said that the brake has been shut off, but I think they are set to Lipo.

View attachment 12354
I noticed there are two cutoff modes, the first one is set to 'Soft Cut' and the second is set to Normal. So does this mean I want the first 'Cutoff Mode' to be "Hard Cut"? Could you help just a little more?

Thanks Kloner.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-06-13 at 1.57.00 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-06-13 at 1.57.00 PM.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by a moderator:

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
So ProPilotWannaBee,

Do you think I should change the first Cutoff Mode to "Hare Cut"? I'm kind of pausing my work until I get a definitive answer.

Will, maybe go with a "hair cut"? lol
Sorry, I don't think I can help you with the ESCs and cutoff voltages. So far my experience has been with stock parts. Maybe kloner can give some input.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Yeah,
I think I'm going to go for the Hard Cut. I'm kind of pausing with the build and can't wait much longer. Hope all goes well.
Kind strange that the ESC is sold as multirotor ESC and they left it at Lipo.

Wish me luck. :)

mongo

lost soul
hard cut off generally means that when the esc senses the cutoff voltage has been reached, the motors stop. probably not what ya want to happen.
soft cut off means, generally, that the motors start to loose rpm slowly and you descend.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
That makes sense,

So judging by the table I posted above, I guess I only need to change the battery from "Lipo" to "NiMH" and leave the rest as is.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I have a problem with my Naza V2.
When I plug into the computer I get the following messager "GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interferance. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition."
and when I try to connect to the radio outside, No magnetic stuff in the area, I get the Red and Yellow flashing lights.
Anyone know what's up?

Last week the same thing happened to me. It was half an hour later that I realized I was taking off from a cement pad that had rebar in it. Once I took it off the cement pad and onto the grass, the red/yellow flashing stopped and it worked just fine. Don't know if that applies to you or helps, but just thought I'd pass on my experience.