S800 Limitations

FerdinandK

If you tape the cam on the copter this might work, but if you use a gimbal that is suited for a 5D or a 550d the payload (Cam+ Gimbal) will be 3kg or more, this is too much for the S800.

best regards

Ferdinand

adanac

I have learned that a 5D, battery, CF card and "nifty 50" lens together weigh about 1.3kg. Photohigher, for example, say their AV200 gimbal weighs 590g. All together that's 2kg. Going only by the numbers, that's well below the DJI's published payload of 2.5kg. However, I don't know what DJI consider payload. For all we know, they consider the battery and controller payload. And, obviously, this allows little room to add FPV gear.

Nigel, the 550D body alone is 530g. The weight of the 5D battery, which is different from the 550D but similar in size, is 75g. If you used the Nifty 50 lens (130g) your total weight would be around 735g.

soler

I lost a prop on my Tarot 680 with a 550D and photohigher gimbal, granted the multicopter was not very high at the time 3m, but I was still able to hover and bring it down gently.

pabmadi

I lost a prop on my Tarot 680 with a 550D and photohigher gimbal, granted the multicopter was not very high at the time 3m, but I was still able to hover and bring it down gently.

What motor, prop, lipo and flight controller did you use? Whats your flight time? I want to build a Tarot...

Thanks.-

soler

What motor, prop, lipo and flight controller did you use? Whats your flight time? I want to build a Tarot...

Thanks.-
At the time I had Sunny Sky 2216-11, 10x6 carbon props and a Naza, I have since upgrade the motors

bordhead

I built an s800 with av200 gimbal for a friend and he flys the 5D all the time, He just used it to shoot a few shots in Fast n Furious 6 movie a few months ago.. never had any issues.
Hello!

Can I fly a 5D from the S800 and will it stay in the air if a motor fails?

KaspInc

I have no doubt it can carry a 5D. If a motor fails it would probably be wise to land it immediately anyway but it won't just fall to the ground.