Foxtech M800 Power from 3S 2200mah LiPo?

Charlie.

Hi guys,

I bought a M800 foxtech FPV monitor brand new from ebay (it was new though and only £50!)

I also bought a 2200mAh 3S 25C Zippy Compact LiPo for it which has the XT60 discharge plug on it. Is this battery suitable for powering this monitor? Apparently at max brightness (450mcd) the power draw is 500-800mA, so would that mean that the Lipo I mentioned could power it for roughly 3 hours continuously?

How would I connect the LiPo to the monitor? A picture of the power input plug is on here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Disc...V-Monitor-For-Sale-Best-Choice/696500611.html

Does anyone know where I could find a ready made power plug for this connector which I could just solder an XT60 plug onto?

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie.

Thanks Phil :) I was just a little conecerned because a fully charged 3S lipo is 12.6V and the operating voltage on the website says up to 12V.

So is the DC power cable a standard size or do you just know that one will fit?

Thanks, looking forward to using the FPV system I bought from you with it :)

Edit: Oh and are the red and black wires definitely connected to the right part of the DC plug for the monitor? Don't want the cables to be plugged in reversed!

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsaras

Hi,
I have the 7 inch Foxtech monitor. I power both it and the ImmersionRC Uno 5.8 GHz Rx with a 3s 1800mAh Zippy lipo and it lasts over 30 mins. They both use the same round power plug, so I went into an electronics store & bought a couple, then run both wires to an XT60. It's DIY but easy to solder, +ve to center, ground to barrel.

Charlie.

Well as the one you linked is out of stock I might take the punt with the ebay one :) Looks like the same connection