LiPo's rest!

Zzr

I have a bantam bc8dp charger and it has a storage mode for discharge and charge setting. Should I discharge my LiPo's? if i'm not going to be using them for 2-4weeks? 2 months? years?
I have 6s 5000Mah 35C and 6s 8000Mah 30c.
What recommend?
Charge Current 0.1-9.0A selected for 1.0?
Discharge Current 0.1-5.0A Selected for 1.0?
Any input appreciated.

kloner

Aerial DP
damage to the IR from them being charged 1 day occurs, but the temp the packs see makes it much worse.....idealy if your not flying, your packs should be in storage mode and kept as cool as possible above freezing as you can...... it leaves the smallest damage footprint.... storing them charged over 90 deg farenheight is the worse thing you can do to them.......

1c is the safest handling of a pack, 5000mah is 5 amp,,,, 8000 mah is 8 amp

Zzr

Thanks 1c both charge and discharge auto storage mode?
damage to the IR from them being charged 1 day occurs, but the temp the packs see makes it much worse.....idealy if your not flying, your packs should be in storage mode and kept as cool as possible above freezing as you can...... it leaves the smallest damage footprint.... storing them charged over 90 deg farenheight is the worse thing you can do to them.......

Hartz

Herpaderpinator

I should really take better care of my batteries :\

Based on what you have mentioned there, would storing them in the fridge be the best option? Or would this be considered overkill or impractical for some reason?

kloner

Aerial DP
the best way to store them is storage charged to 3.8 in the crisper drawer.... just make sure there not freezing.... put a little ziploc of water to make sure it stays soft.....

the easiest way to do it is to fly the pack empty and keep it like that till you go fly again. then charge the night before flying