Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

paktazh

I had some shaking problems in my YS-X4 and solved it changing the SWAY COMPENSATION value.

Just change the value little by little until you get a stable hover.

Thanks I will do that but how do u fix the flipping can u give me ur gains thanks

vadmcse

roll sens: 45
pitch sens: 45
sway comp: 30
thr sens: 80

Tarot FY680 Hexa
Tmotor MN3510-13
Xoar 13x6.5 wood props.
4S Lipo

Hi Guys,

Are any of you using opto ESC's? I have a YS-X6 and none of my ESC's are arming, though all work when tested separately. I tried one esc with sbec with the red wire snipped, and it worked without issue. Any thoughts on this?

Hi Multitotorxy8
I am using Jeti HiCopter Muclticopter 40 amp ESCs, and they r opto...
super performance
but with Gemini controller, they won't arm
i have tried putting throttle low end point to 125, then 150, still they won't arm
Jeti says, that the low end should be 1.1 to 1.3 milli sec, for esc to read low end throttle signal and arm.... so no luck there....
zerouav says that esc should get 3.3 signal volt to arm.
But still Jeti esc won't arm.
thought to check mili sec and signal volt, i will need an oscilloscope,,, which i don't have, and too expensive to buy
so i am stuck.
lucky for you that it worked by removing the red wire from esc
for me, i also removed the red wire from jet esc, but no luck, won't arm
and Jeti muclitcopter esc cannot be programmed or calibrated, they r designed for multicopter,
so i am stick with 6 Jeti esc,
presently using hobby king 40 amp Blue Series esc, which are not opto, but they arm
the E1100 comes with Platinum Hobbywing esc, which are opto esc.
so though i do have the full original E1100, i was planning to order another Gemini controller for my second multicopter,
but now no point, cause the Jeti esc are some of the best, and if they don't arm, then i have to use them of dii wookong M,

gerardop

Hello,

Maybe a strange question but i can not seem to find an answer.
Dos anybody knows if you can abort an automatic waypoint flying. Lets say you loose contact between the second and third waypoint. That will be no problem but is there a way then to stop and abort by switching out of the auto-navigation on the TX for instance so the TX will take over. I know that you have to set a first waypoint nearby but leaving it all on its own and not getting back control scares me.

hi geredop
i think the Gemini and YS-X6 P are similar in functioning. cause the firmware is the same
so i can say for Gemini, in the latest manual on page 45, for Return Home and Land it says

" During RHL, the aircraft will not accept any Manual intervention" i guess meaning no control by Tx
" the Gemini will allow you to provide flight inputs to adjust the landing area" meaning i guess that u can give aileron and elevator inputs to make suer craft lands on level ground.
" If you need to cancel RHL and landing procedure, you can move Ch5 Tx sw to Posn 1, ( Manual Mode )
So if you which to cancel RHL anytime after activating it,,, just put ch5 to Manual Mode.

As far as waypoints are concerned,
on page 42 it says
" NB: In phone remote control mode, Transmitter Control will not work".
I do remember that in the previous Manual, it was clearly written that once automatic waypoint flying starts,
and now if u have loss of communication, then the copter will complete the waypoints and hover over the starting point.
However
this is not mentioned in the new manual, or at least i have not been able to find it.

Will send e mail to zerouav on this issue,
and put up their comments here.

gerardop

hi geredop
i think the Gemini and YS-X6 P are similar in functioning. cause the firmware is the same
so i can say for Gemini, in the latest manual on page 45, for Return Home and Land it says

" During RHL, the aircraft will not accept any Manual intervention" i guess meaning no control by Tx
" the Gemini will allow you to provide flight inputs to adjust the landing area" meaning i guess that u can give aileron and elevator inputs to make suer craft lands on level ground.
" If you need to cancel RHL and landing procedure, you can move Ch5 Tx sw to Posn 1, ( Manual Mode )
So if you which to cancel RHL anytime after activating it,,, just put ch5 to Manual Mode.

As far as waypoints are concerned,
on page 42 it says
" NB: In phone remote control mode, Transmitter Control will not work".
I do remember that in the previous Manual, it was clearly written that once automatic waypoint flying starts,
and now if u have loss of communication, then the copter will complete the waypoints and hover over the starting point.
However
this is not mentioned in the new manual, or at least i have not been able to find it.

Will send e mail to zerouav on this issue,
and put up their comments here.

Thanks for the answers. I also emailed zerouav and got the following answer:

Yes, you can control your copter when it is flying waypoints. switch it to auto-hover mode or switch it to manual mode, you can get the control.

I will try that and i asked Zerouav to state that in their manual because for me it is essential to gain control over the multicopter at all time if neceassary.

gerardop
i had suspected that
cause in all other cases, to take over control by Tx,
we have to just change Ch5 to Manual.
but somehow they did not mention that aspect in the WayPoint chapter in the Manual

Last edited by a moderator:

paktazh

Hleoo guys my zerouav y6 giving me motor imbalance 150 and it does not start motor s keep peeping any idea how to fix that i had just 1 flight with this and it stop working it started when i was calibrating my ESC got T- motor esc and motor by the way when i pull up the throttle all the way it only shows 90 and when i lowering it it shows 7 if that cause it i am lost i spent 3 days but could not fix it tied different ESC used a programing card but nothing make it work but when i connect the ESC directly to RX it perfectly works

Hleoo guys my zerouav y6 giving me motor imbalance 150 and it does not start motor s keep peeping any idea how to fix that i had just 1 flight with this and it stop working it started when i was calibrating my ESC got T- motor esc and motor by the way when i pull up the throttle all the way it only shows 90 and when i lowering it it shows 7 if that cause it i am lost i spent 3 days but could not fix it tied different ESC used a programing card but nothing make it work but when i connect the ESC directly to RX it perfectly works

Paktazh,
I have Gemini, and i find that also happening.
also, each time u put th stick to full and bring it back, the minimum value increases
so i did it two or three times,
and suddenly my th indication on GCS became yellow, which means idle
no idea why it should happen
but if that happens, and ur th indication on GGS is green ( and it is not yellow)
then ur motors won't arm
so look at ur th indication on GCS, and move th stick to say 50% and back, repeat it till u see th indication Yellow.
now ur motors will arm
don't as me why
But zerouav needs to find an answer for that

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and new to multirotors. My first multirotor was a F450 with a DJI Naza V1. I am now trying to build a T960. I purchased my YS-X6 used from this forum. When I got my unit I was not sure if I received the main power cable, so I thought I would contact ZeroUAV and purchase a new one. I was quoted over $100 US plus $40 shipping. From pictures I have seen of the YS-X6 there does not seem to be anything special about the main power cable. So what is so special about the power cable that would make it cost so much? Anyone able to upload a picture of their power cable from the Power Distribution Board to the MC.

No doubt I will have more question later

Hi Guys,
Need to know if anyone here is using JETI Highcopter ESC specially designed for Multicopters.
I have 8 of them, and i have the zerouav E1100 Octa, with Gemini.
BUT
the JETI highcopter ESC wont arm when connected to Gemini,
Tried changing end points, tried sub-trim, tried main trim, tried everything in the Tx
The esc wont arm
However, any other brand of ESC arm instantly.
Any idea what else can be done.
Dont want to throw Jeti esc as they cost a bomb.

mlebret

Hello,

Jeti ESCs are "true" opto ESCs. So you have to provide +5 volts with an external BEC on the ESC rail of the ZeroUAV card and do not remove red or ground line from the ESC wiring.

Marc

mlebret,

Many many thanks for that info, have waited a long long time for someone to solve that Jeti arming problem

So pl tell me i got it right.
1. I plug in all Jeti ESCs into the zerouav Gemini Controller. Mine is an Octa.
2. Now since i don't have any ESC port vacant, i make ONE Y harness, plug the Y harness to any one port on Gemini, and to one arm i attach the Jeti ESC, and to the other arm, I attach an output from a BEC of 5 volts Positive and Negative.

So that should arm Jeti ESCs on power up.

mlebret,

that brings me to another point,
you mean the other ESCs that say OPTO, are not truly OPTO like the Jeti opto ESC.
cause all other esc that have OPTO written on them are arming without any trouble.
only Jeti ESC were not arming.

mlebret,
thank you from the bottom of my heart for the most valuable information. I have 8 Jeti ESC just for my zerouav Octa, and have not been able to use them for past 9 months.
looks like finally time to install them.
I bought them only for the reliability factor, don't want an esc fail in the air. and thought Jeti would be the best option
thanks buddy.

Bisgi

Hi
I am in need of your help Please.
I have several problems the first one about the esc's. I have this esc from Hobby king

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24253__Turnigy_AE_65A_Brushless_ESC.html

1- and I can not find any info. on it about what Hz or other information for filling in the CGS!? Can you help me Please
2- the Other Problem I have is I can not find any info about how to stop the phone repeating all the time "altitute 0" it repeats all the time and I can not do nothing to stop it!!`?

I can not arm the copter by pushing the thr. to the left and al. to the right for one second? what is it i am doing wrong....

I wish there was a video or something which someone would step by step show this to people. I do hope to learn it so maybe I could help make a video about it, because there are still so few info about these Things on the net. I really have problem calibrating the holl thing and I still havent been able to fly....!!! :(
by the way I get voltage low too, even thou I have charged by lipo's, does anyone know why?

vadmcse

Hi,

I think that this ESC is a standard one, not a special for multirotor.
You can use it, but you have to program it.

If you can't arm the motors, it could be because you have the sticks inverted, you should make the step by step configuration process, but the way to test it, is arming with throtle top left and aileron top right.

The voice can't be deactivated, so you can turn off the sound in the tablet, and if you have a battery alert, the tablet will vibrate.

About the voltage low, you should configure the "S" number. If you use 3S LiPo, and you have it configured as 4S, the controller will warn you because the voltage is too low for 4S.

Hope that helps

Victor

Bisgi

Hi,

I think that this ESC is a standard one, not a special for multirotor.
You can use it, but you have to program it.

If you can't arm the motors, it could be because you have the sticks inverted, you should make the step by step configuration process, but the way to test it, is arming with throtle top left and aileron top right.

The voice can't be deactivated, so you can turn off the sound in the tablet, and if you have a battery alert, the tablet will vibrate.

About the voltage low, you should configure the "S" number. If you use 3S LiPo, and you have it configured as 4S, the controller will warn you because the voltage is too low for 4S.

Hope that helps

Victor
Hi Victor
a 1000 times thanks for replying Brother. The Motors are arming, and I have just attached 2 lipo 2600 mAmp. in Serial so they are giving 25 volt and they are fine ( That Means I have a 6s) But when I put the INFO in the phone and send nothing happens as yet !!!
I really am mixed up right now. I have done everything on the manuel, I think but I can not get nothing to Work!?
I have changed the esc's timing for high, Because it seemed they needed more choice and now they are ok, but the Motors do not Work in harmony!!? Yesterday when I tried only one motor worked until I pushed the throttle all the way up, then all of them Work!!?
and I can not get rid of the bat lov voltage no matter what I do!!?

OBS: I havent opgrade the zero x6 yet. So it is just like when I got it 2½ years ago!!!
I have had alot on my hands and first now I am trying to set it up.
In general I think there Arent enough video's and info for someone like me. I set up a arducopter in no time some years ago and I still cant get the zero to Work!!!?

and How about the Gear ratio!?

Thank you