Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

socratic

Jim I picked out yesterday on the web from Zero that the Servos on the Steadi were to be fed power wise via 1 x 10amp UBEC! Did you install that or has anyone else for that matter, Its quite interesting I can find nothing on paper about it.
View attachment 11885[/QUOTE

I didn't use a ubec for the gimbal servos. I didnnt see anything calling for one and seemed to work fine without it. Dont know why it would be required....I would expect power would be incorporated into the fc. ???

johnno

Hi Jim, I thought the same thing and they seem to work ok unless they have discovered something and suggest this alternative but why 10amps thats a hell of a current draw
What bugs me is that I just saw it on Robs site and yet theres nothing mentioned elsewhere like take note urgent anything. Cheers john.

robone

Hi Jim, I thought the same thing and they seem to work ok unless they have discovered something and suggest this alternative but why 10amps thats a hell of a current draw
What bugs me is that I just saw it on Robs site and yet theres nothing mentioned elsewhere like take note urgent anything. Cheers john.

I cannot remember where I got the image from. I am not sure how much the 2 servos will draw. This image was really just to show how one should connect the servos to the YS-X6 and not to use the power from the YS-X6.

It is normal practice to provide a separate UBEC to power the Gimbal Servos

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
I had my first Hexa fall out the sky after the FC and Rx went low-voltage from a stalled tilt servo (and too smaller ubec) and the servo dragged the ubec voltage down.

It was only an Openpilot CC board... For education sake, here is the demo/instructional video why you spend $ on large (separate) ubecs.

Pete

nicwilke

Everyone needs to check the main power plug. The XT60 which connects to the main battery/s has a smaller wire soldered under the heatshrink. My inspection after a crash found poor soldering under the heat shrink, and my negative wire was only contacting with the main contact under the pressure of the shrink.
I must say it was a relief to find out the crash was not my fault but disappointed that my system failed due to substandard soldering.
bevumu7e.jpg

johnno

Everyone needs to check the main power plug. The XT60 which connects to the main battery/s has a smaller wire soldered under the heatshrink. My inspection after a crash found poor soldering under the heat shrink, and my negative wire was only contacting with the main contact under the pressure of the shrink.
I must say it was a relief to find out the crash was not my fault but disappointed that my system failed due to substandard soldering.
bevumu7e.jpg

Typical rush job, (Dry Joint) had one that lasted 6 months then failure it pays to take time when soldering .....JohnJohn

nicwilke

Typical rush job, (Dry Joint) had one that lasted 6 months then failure it pays to take time when soldering .....JohnJohn

I'll speak with the support guy on Monday and tell him his soldering person needs a kick in the pants

johnno

I'll speak with the support guy on Monday and tell him his soldering person needs a kick in the pants

By the way nick had a number of successful flights with the Xaircraft v650 original go pro mount a bit sus getting vibration but she seems to fly well very stable doesn't handle wind but then what does nice machine no failures yet just can't wait to get Steadi in the air.....regards...John.

larryfl1

HI is anyone using the ys-x6 on a s800 ???

i have to order a controller and trying to decide between the ys-x6 or the competitor...it looks like the feature set on the ys-x6 is richer at a lower price...but how is it funcitonally on that machine???

thanks for the help

lemonaide

I have a question regarding esc's that are compatable with YS-X6 controller. I plan on using unit with Skyjib with AXI 4120's, Was hoping to us CC Talon 90s. what Brand of ESC is compatible or freq should I use. Any advise would be helpfull Thanks, Lonnie

johnno

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Navigator version and the WiFi version
Thank you

Hi Fredor, I presume you are talking about the X6-Y4? the Navigator Ver. is an up upgrade to the basic wifi or blue tooth version, does that answer your question...John.

robone

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Navigator version and the WiFi version
Thank you

The YS-X4 Navigator Version has the following:
1. Target Lock & Fly encircle (No limitation)
2. Click/Touch & Fly To Point (No limitation)
3. Auto-Navigation (8 Waypoints + no range limitation )

The YS-X4 wifi version has the following features:
1. Target Lock & Fly encircle (No limitation)
2. Click/Touch & Fly To Point (Unlimited times, 30 meters Point to Point max, 20 sec wait per completion for next point)
3. Auto-Navigation(4 waypoints + 200m Diameter Max)

Cheers
Rob

robone

I have a question regarding esc's that are compatable with YS-X6 controller. I plan on using unit with Skyjib with AXI 4120's, Was hoping to us CC Talon 90s. what Brand of ESC is compatible or freq should I use. Any advise would be helpfull Thanks, Lonnie

I don't think anyone has prepared a list yet, but if you stick to the normal ones such as HK Blue Series, RC Tiger, etc etc you can't go wrong. Not familiar with the CC Talon 90s so I can't comment, however, I did read somewhere that Castle Creations ESC's may have a problem. I could be open to correction on this. Just do a search. Google is your friend :)

Edit: I see a post made by Kari on http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/you-esc-s.127/ and an extract of it says " I did use CC 25 escs with wkm in CineStar 6 and they worked very well, now i use ZeroUAV YS-X6 controller and sadly CC doens't come along with YS yet. So now i use HK blueseries 40A"

Kari

I asked half year ago from CC support to add option to use similar throttle calibration method to chinese escs as it wasn't possible to use them with ys-x6 because of different esc calibration method. I found out few days ago that Castle has added to latest assistant/firmware option to choose adaptive throttle end points instead of fixed, so CC should work now with ys-x6 with latest multirotor fw. BUT, it wasn't possible to activate adaptive endpoints with my phoenix series escs so i guess this is only available in newer ICE series escs. I still use simonk flashed blueseries etc cheapos as they just work well. But big respect to Castle Creations for listening to customers. I will use them in future projects for sure.

fredor

The Y6 appears to be a lot better quality than the Y4 (And a lot more expensive ) can the Y6 be used on a Quad

vispaaja

Testflew my YS-X6 Octo today! Still needs tweaking, but I'm very happy with the YS, works a lot better than DJI Naza (haven't tried Wookong M).