Zephyr ZII build out...please advise...

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hey all, I'm in the preliminary process of getting all the parts together for my new Zephyr ZII build-out. I see on the website that they want you to use a 1200Kv motor and a 60A ESC but the price on the website is beyond absurd. What size motors are these? 28, 38, 48? Are these 200W, 300W or what wattage motors? My end goal is a long range, 5 mile+, flying wing that will carry a Go Pro, CCD camera that'll hit top speeds of say 80-100mph :). Also, where do you get the black covering at like they have on the website? That stuff is awesome... Any tips, tricks, pointers would be great. What glue, gorilla glue? 3S, 4S? Thanks all!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xXnvK7QYO_g/TqZDsKiKqqI/AAAAAAAAAG0/4umU-MmCQhc/s1600/IMAG0130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelltub

Its just there there is so many forums, so much information out there, how did you come to pick this specific sub form? I just dont see the connection at all?

tstrike

pendejo grande
Since we're asking random questions here goes...
I'm repurposing a cheap gimbal that uses 6mm id bearings, what size tires should I use on my wife's suv?

hjls3

:) Funny - FYI on my ex wife rig I try to furnish her with the tires that will most likely make the brakes fail.

Since we're asking random questions here goes...
I'm repurposing a cheap gimbal that uses 6mm id bearings, what size tires should I use on my wife's suv?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
:) Funny - FYI on my ex wife rig I try to furnish her with the tires that will most likely make the brakes fail.

It's amazing how quickly I'll jump in to help anyone with anything but how many douche bags will show up when you ask for help. Simply amazing... Does anyone here have a clue or does everyone just want to talk about their feelings? Pathetic...

maxwelltub

Sorry, Douchebaggery was not my intention. I just dont think this is the best venue for discussing zephyr construction. Looks like that wing is covered in a carbon fiber patterned vinyl wrap popular for jazzing up car parts. It could be an actual carbon fiber wing as well, which would require a bit more skill. I've done some carbon fiber work on bikes and its not as hard as some would make it seem, but it is a mess and can be hard to make it look nice. As to the rest of the questions I would do a web search for Zephyr build forums. The last flying wing I made was a Zaggy and its lasted me 13 years.

tstrike

pendejo grande
It's amazing how quickly I'll jump in to help anyone with anything but how many douche bags will show up when you ask for help. Simply amazing... Does anyone here have a clue or does everyone just want to talk about their feelings? Pathetic...

Kloner has a zephyr thread in the fpv section, maybe check that out before you ask in the dji section-

hjls3

cant believe I am going to engage but i just had a lovely morning skiing with some friends so why not...you throw Max a smart *** answer, Tstrike replies with some humor and I appreciate Tstrike sense of humor and I am a douchebag???

First off - I do have just a small bit of experience with that wing. The best advice I can give - it is a complete handful unless built perfectly. Its all about setup and CG with that thing. Totally a bunch of fun to fly, I just have had a hard time making mine fly level. I am not much of a builder. Hopefully I can just talk Kloner into building me one in the future.

Now for the douchebag part....douchebag would be calling you out on that so called advice (reading the thread b4 you give advice would be good) - or stating Mustangs are piles of junk - or making fun of the same old video going up and down the beach with all the jello and great view of some landing gear things. - that is douchebag. JUST SAYIN...

have a nice day - full on expect a response - wont read it though :) Senior Douchebag Esquire (i dont feel bad, the skiing was too good)