Zenmuse Z15 GH3 drift issue

ebeez

Hi there,
I have installed my gimbal on to my S1000. Smooth installation. However when I power up the s1000, the gimbal initializes and centers fine but then immediately starts to slowly pan to the left and tilt the camera down. I have updated to the latest firmware :
Main controller 0.12
IMU 1.6
Right now it is set up as a stand alone; no receiver hooked up tot he gimbal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ebeez.

ebeez

soler,
Thanks for the reply. I plugged in the Zenmuse to a spare canbus port. does it make a difference which port you use? I have not set up any switches on the TX to control it yet. would it make a differnce if I did? I am using a Futaba 14sg linked directly to the A2.
Thanks,
ebeez.

soler

Yes, On the A2 it need to go into the same CAN bus that the GPS is on. Just to check the IMU is also connected to the A2? The zen uses data from its own sensor and the data from the IMU to stabilis.

You will need the switches to choose which mode it is in but this should not effect the slow panning problem.

ebeez

Thanks soler,
I will double check to see what I plugged it in to when I get home this evening. So I assume I can plug it into the canbus that is right off of the GPS. I have the PMU plugged into CAN2 and the IMU plugged into CAN1 on the FC. Hope it's just a wiring issue.. was a it for hours last night and feeling discouraged.
Thanks again for the quick replies!

ebeez

Hi Soler,
Just checked and I did not have the gimbal plugged into the GPS. Rookie mistake!! Thanks again for your quick responses and support!!

Have a great weekend!

Ebeez.