Zenmuse Z15 for sony NEX 5 problems after dialing in correct settings.

matukash

Hey guys,

Tried looking for the solution to this problem everywhere. Seems that mainly people are having problems with HDMI cables, camera settings and boards.

My problem- For quite a long time i've been running my camera in Landscape mode, auto-focus as well as 1080i. It all worked fine with some flickering in the video signal from the camera. I've always heard that i should keep everything in manual mode, but it worked fine in auto and that's the way my copter has been running for almost two years.

The problem now is that my video-out form the camera has become so bad, that the flickering sometimes turns into just consistent NO Signal screen and stays that way. I also noticed a couple things (I could be wrong here)- when i fly furthe away, the video signal becomes fine for some reason and works pretty damn well. It doesn't do that all the time, but i was surprised it did. The other thing i noticed over time, is that i think there is a "dead point" in the gimbal, especially when you put your camera in continuous tilt rotation. For example: When the camera is steady I usually get less flickering in the video, but when i start rotating the gimbal via dial on the remote, the flickering becomes more frequent. I could be wrong here, that's why im writing here to see if anyone had a similar problem. The video becomes VERY sh*tty especialy at a ~100 degree angle, which I use the most for shooting real estate. It's a really strange error and I can't work my way around it. The two samples I gave you are the only patterns I noticed in many of my flights, but not all of them. The video signal is getting to a point where i just see the iOSD info, but no video. Sometimes it flickers in, but just for a second and then goes back to being crappy. I changed the settings to the ones DJI recommends, but without any luck.

My current setup is:
~1.5-2 years old
iOSD MKII
Zenmuse Z15 with sony NEX-5r
HDMI V2 Board
New HDMI cable
DJI video downlink
Wookong-M

Things I've replaced/upgraded:

HDMI cable
HDMI board to V2
Upgraded the firmware for gimbal (copter updated as well, but it's a non issue here)

My current camera settings (The ones that, according to the manual, are supposed to work)

Manual focus,
Manual mode
Auto white balance
manual iso
hdmi 1080i
Control for HDMI- on

I'm attaching a link to my OneDrive, there are two videos with the problem persisting as im turning the gimbal. Jus be patient and watch both of them.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...26&authkey=!AGM9LDTvBSqh0B0&ithint=folder,MTS

Thank you guys in advance, i really hope we will all work out a solution for this.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: