Zenmuse Roll Drift

maxwelltub

So Im getting some drift on my roll axis with my zenmuse. Now before you tell me to balance all three axises, I did that. Out of the box the roll and pan axis were pretty off, and I have balanced and rebalanced at least 4 times. So now I have a little bumble level and make sure I'm level before taking off, some times it requires power cycling a few times before I get my roll to an expectable level, then when I take of the s.o.b starts drifting on the roll axis with in the first 30 seconds of take off! I have my zenmuse IMU sticky tapped and tip tied to the top of the zenmuse so it might be some one related to the possession of that? Tried recalibrating the compass but to no avail. Any ideas? Do not say balance the gimbal because that has been done.

olof

Osprey
I get this as well. It comes and goes. Supposedly DJI is working on a fix. I talked with my dealer about it and he said it is widely known, he has the same problem.

So we just live with it. My camera operator is vigilant. It seems to happen on fast acceleration, fast ascents/descents and yaws. It will straighten itself out, but it takes a while.

I switched roll to the left stick and pan to the right and I lowered the travel to 30% this makes for much smoother inputs.

I hope there is a fix soon, but we can live with it for now.

DennyR

I never had this problem until the last upgrade. As I only use it as a two man op. it is not that much of a problem if you are continuously flying the mount. But hey, it is supposed to work in all of the modes. A point worth considering if you use a Zen on a SR Heli.. Most SR's hover with a slight tilt due to the torque, it's about 2-3deg. So I set the stand alone WKM MC to the same angle.

maxwelltub

Hey Denny,
Ya right now I am just getting everything smooth as silk before I start training with a camera op. Once I get a second person on sticks it will definitely be a lot easier to manage. Im not sure I fallow you though, do you use a separate WKM for your zenmuse then you do for your flight controller, or is that only if its on a heli? I guess I didnt mention it but mine is on an s800.