Zenmuse or not?

On the each on pulling the trigger on this.. but decided to get a post on the Photography/Video side of the house. I have been seeing some awesome video "results" from users that are testing.

Wonder what this part of the community thinks? 3200.00 is a hefty change. Though, it seems to produce results like others I have not seen using multicopters?

Are there anything comparable in results.. less expensive the better.

I already have 2 WKM, 1 NAZA, 2 F550 and 1 S800 (in preparation) for the Zenmuse. The S800 is really just a nice looking frame without the Zenmuse????

Any sample videos out there that are side by side?

Regards,

KS

ChrisViperM

The ground concept of the S800 is NOT compatibility....either you get a Zenmuse, tear your hair out while trying to get any other gimbal to work on the S800...or sell the S800. Without a gimbal (and the possibility to use a camera) the S800 is a good looking, but useless toy, unless you enjoy just watching it fly circles and go from one waypoint to the next one.

Chris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The ground concept of the S800 is NOT compatibility....either you get a Zenmuse, tear your hair out while trying to get any other gimbal to work on the S800...or sell the S800. Without a gimbal (and the possibility to use a camera) the S800 is a good looking, but useless toy, unless you enjoy just watching it fly circles and go from one waypoint to the next one.

Chris

Chris, You not seen the video Krieas has posted. Looks pretty good to me and does not look like a toy, but its limited, as long a a next5/7 or GH2 are your camera choice its pretty impressive. For the canon users there aint going to be Zenmus. For the money including the Zenmus its pretty competitive to anything else out there you want to fly the Sony of GH2 on. Its almost ready to fly with no soldering or faffing. It can carry a shed load of batteries has HDMI down link adaptor and all in a very neat package. You can swap between two man operation or single in no time. The only thing in my eyes that lets it down right now is the landing gear is not retractable but I think Geoff at QC.co.uk is working on one with retracts.

Dave

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
...The only thing in my eyes that lets it down right now is the landing gear is not retractable ...

I am totally mystified as to why DJI have gone to all that trouble to make a 360° gimbal that seems to work very well indeed and then left ugly, plonker fixed skids that get in the way all the time if pan is used. Baffling.

sim_io

I've yet to see a zenmuse with a GH2, all the footage out there has been filmed with the Sonys.

Dubliners

I have never laid eyes nor hands on a MR or Z15, but what are the chances of mounting legs to the vertical turning beam of the Z15?