Zenmuse Mods

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi guys,

there are a couple mods around in the different forums about the zenmuse being used with different cameras and lenses etc.
Would be cool if we get a thread going with all the info collected.

I am working at the moment on a GH3 mod, plan adapters to get the GH3 into the zenmuse z15 g and having it balanced.

Getting a better version tomorrow: hope it will be the final one:

View attachment 8750View attachment 8749

Leveling is working fine. Just some minor issue of how long it take to get the camera into the z15 and have it balanced:

Would be cool if you can join in with link or similar things you have already done etc.

Thanks

Boris

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 636
  • finallparts.jpg
    finallparts.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 467
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
What would really interest me also beside working against vibrations by reinforcing the arms of the S800, has one of you started working with the different vibration isolators instead of the standard rubber balls ?

Thanks

Boris

Boris,

It looks like you got it working pretty darn well! I don't have any experience with the DJI gear, but I do know that if you're looking for an alternative platform to fly it from, Droidworx has an adapter plate for the Zenmuse, and they've released their new retracts too.

Aviator

Good work Boris, I will be watching with interest... I am interested in using the GH3 on the Zenmuse.
Other frames seem to be much more stable and less vibes going on, but the attractive thing about the S800 at least for me was the portability of having a modular frame and quite good flight times.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
thanks guys.

Benjamin any links infos on zenmuse using it with different frames etc adapters any mods are interesting if we get them together into this thread, so the search has an end :)

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Boris, did you check this: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?8636-New-antivib-adapter .....?

Not sure if this can be mounted to the Zen frame....Krleas should know I guess

Chris

Thanks ! have to ask matjaz how they work. But i am pretty sure they are on push (druck) and not pull (zug) so working them into the zenmuse will be a little bigger operation than just screwing them on !

To tell the truth i am six of waisting time balancing props and motors over and over again a good isolation would really safe time !

animau

So? how goes the gh3 setup with the zen? i'm waiting a bit to buy the zenmuse gh2....just to be shure not to buy the gh2 when dji will maybe go with a update...

So? how goes the gh3 setup with the zen? i'm waiting a bit to buy the zenmuse gh2....just to be shure not to buy the gh2 when dji will maybe go with a update...

DJI have let me know that they are working on a GH3 version but that it can take months before they release this version

DennyR

View attachment 9925
This one of my Zens. fitted to a heli. The mods. are moving the IMU to the side so that one can access the On/Off switch properly. The camera trigger has a s/s reflector to keep direct sunlight out. The third mod is fitment of a spirit level to allow a quick set-up before T/O and the forth is a custom lens hood to keep blade shadow flicker off the front element. The last mod. is only applicable to helis. The stand alone WKM-MC has a three degree tilt to allow for the fact that helis don't hover quite level due to the torque. Obviously a complete rebalance is required afterwards.

Currently I don't have any MR's (all sold) so it's TDR's and a couple of Motor Gliders. The motor gliders are just awesome and are now being converted with Alexmos front ends.

Attachments

• Modified Zen.jpg
    Modified Zen.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 406

Speedy67

Received a mail from DJI support yesterday, telling GH3 Zenmuse isn't finished yet and there will be NO conversion kit for GH2 version.

Argh..

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... has one of you started working with the different vibration isolators instead of the standard rubber balls ?...

I am giving the Secraft Z15 isolated mounting system a try out ...

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1367
http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1365

View attachment 10413

But to be honest I don't think it is going to be any good. The Zen is certainly more isolated from the frame than with the rubber balls but I strongly suspect that the amount of 'bounce' in the FreeFly rip-off isolators is going to introduce more problems than they will solve.

The Secraft stuff is always very good looking but, as with the retracts, their stuff doesn't always work that well. Having said that, the Z15G GH3 modification kit looks simple and effective.

Attachments

• Secraft-Z15-mount.jpg
    Secraft-Z15-mount.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 376

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Came across this item some time ago..... may be of use to prototype developers who have great ideas but not all the required equipment.
http://www.emachineshop.com/

in the meantime here is a photo of my Hero GH3 holder shown in this picture is simply a piece of plastic available at any hardware store......Zenmuse comes later..... will probably replace the black foam rubber with Moon Gel before the next flight. I vacuum bag my own carbon fiber plate and cut as required.

View attachment 13374