Zenmuse issue.

shepk9

Having an issue with the video start/stop. Never has worked and I'd like to use the feature. Takes pictures fine, won't start/stop video.

Transmitter is a Futaba 8FG, receiver futaba R6014. Nex 7 Camera. Purchased new in December, date of manufacture stamped on the box was 09/2012. I've purchased new receivers, had others try programming it to make sure I wasn't missing something. Tied changing the endpoints to different ranges, hoping maybe just missing the sweet spot.

I thought maybe I didn't have the V2 HDMI board. My board does not have FW V2 on it, however does transmit color video. DJI techs say if it transmits color video, I have the current board, and its my camera malfunctioning.

I went to the camera store, purchased a Sony Alpha Remote Commander for the Nex camera. It works fine with the Sony remote. Stops/starts recording, takes pictures, etc. So the camera works fine. I've updated all the firmware in the camer, and on the Zenmuse, updated all the firmware through the Zenmuse Assistant. The assistant shows the switch moving and sending the proper command to the Zenmuse.

There is someone on here that posted a detailed Futaba setup guide with photos, I even followed his guide to a T to match identical, no dice. Anyone that's tried helping me with this has come to the conclusion it has to be the Zenmuse sending the wrong IR code or not sending it at all.

I've asked DJI tech support on what to do beyond this point, but not hopeful on a response. On my own intuition I ordered a new V2 board, the only piece of hardware I haven't tried to replace, the last possible thing it could be.

Any advice? Thanks ;)

Bugilt

You can use a camera to see if the IR light is coming on. I'd also check to make sure it's working with your computer.

shepk9

The camera receives the command to take photos fine. Just not video. The assistant shows the receiver is commanding zenmuse to activate AUX3, ie slider will move from one side to the other.

Got an update from DJI, sounds like I was shipped old stock with a V1 board and have to replace the V2 HDMI board unfortunately. Got the board ordered up from a local dealer, see if that fixes it. Hopefully the GPS wasn't old stock as well. :(

shepk9

bit upset about this
http://i.imgur.com/qGWBHaB.jpg

identical boards, they masked the chipset numbers hoping no one would clone it. They could have provided this upgrade for free. Instead I had to troubleshoot for weeks, They blamed the camera, they blamed my transmitter programming, finally a DJI engineer in China told them I needed the new V2 board.

I'd asked all of the DJI dealers how to identify whether the board was V2 or not. None knew the answer. Couple gave the same answer the DJI techs in the US said, "if you have color video, you do not need to update your board"

For the amount I've invested, I really expected a much more superior product and better support. I definitely tell anyone asking to steer away from anything DJI is putting out currently. Great example, check the classified for how many people are looking for their lost Phantoms. I'm using this for commercial, and have to have the flights federally certified, lost uavs or unknown crashing uavs in the new is bad business for me. I hide the fact I use anything from DJI currently as much as possible.