Zenmuse H3-3D twitch

SamaraMedia

Flew a maiden early Saturday morning on a new DIY Y6 I built for some AV with Zenmuse H3-3D, it was 10 degrees with 5-10 mph wind gust no issues. Flew again early Sunday morning, 25 degrees and calm but all of a sudden the gimbal gave me a couple unexpected twitches, not sure what is causing it but since the GoPro is my FPV cam on this rig it gave me a little freak out, especially the second time it happened, turned far enough left to see boom and landing gear. Never lost control of rig but i little unsettling, luckily I was low enough on the second one but I was cruising a little faster on the low pass. Landed safely on the dock but pisses me off that I can't count on this for aerial video. I have left the rig in my car for about 1/2 hour each time before hand while walking the dog so I thought that would give the electronics time enough to acclimate to temperature. Using a NAZA V2 FC.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That would definitely de disconcerting when using it as your FPV flight cam!

Have you tried reinstalling the gimbal firmware? I had some issues with the H3-2D until I finally did a full reinstall.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
that's a weird one, could be anything...it's never a bad idea to start with firmware and then work into the mechanical or electrical stuff second

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
And the only reason I mention a full install is that the firmware appeared to be fine in the GUI before I redid it. But that's what ended up getting out the glitch.

SamaraMedia

It had occurred to me there might be a firmware conflict of sorts after I remembered that this Y6 build originally had a NAZA V1 installed but I couldn't get it tuned or stable in flight. Thinking back I couldn't get a simple quad to fly right with the same NAZA so I swapped out for the V2 I recently took off my hex since that now has a Super X in it. Putting the V1 in the "Bad" bin now. I re-programmed the NAZA to the Y6 formation when I swapped in but never really check all the updates on the Zenmuse. The H3-3D and V2 were together on the hex so I figured there wouldn't be any problems but electronics are quirky sometimes. Flew again today and had no issues. I will be looking into updating the firmware if needed. Never did a complete re-install so I will have to do a little digging for info on that. Thanks guys.