Zenmuse H3-2D failure

Søren Koch

I was so lucky that my Zenmuse H3 shoved up at my address about 10 days ago.

I have installed it and folloved the instrucktions carefully, when i power up the phantom everything seams fine, the tilt motor works fine and the Zenmuse resound perfect.

When I tilt the Phantom the roll motor screams and get hot, I then shut the power off instantly.

I use the new firmware 3.14 and the newest Naza-M Assistant Software v2.14

How are your experiences with DJI support, I got a response from an office in Europe the day after I wrote to them ( very nice ). They informed me that Zenmuse should be returned as a warranty case. I informed them that I had sent it back to the dealer and now i´m waiting to hear what happens next.

-UPDATE-

Just heard that the dealer have recived the Zenmuse I returned and DJI Europe would send me a new one directly. ( Sounds God )

Thanks to Geoff for very nice support, now I hope that DJI Europe will ship one i my direction soon.

Video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUEEVAx9CXc&feature=youtu.be

Regards

Søren Koch

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I am glad that DJI Europe was able to give you speedy support. There were some issues with some of the GCUs. There is a new version of the H3-2D firmware, v1.04 that addresses the problem.

Tahoe Ed

That is possible. I can't tell you specifically. Thanks Red, always appreciate your constructive comments.

I am not being paid or given free stuff to offer support for DJI beta products. If my blunt posts upset you, please feel free to ignore them in the future.

Søren Koch

-UPDATE-

As it turned out unfortunately DJI live up to their bad reputation when it comes to support and replacement of defective products. DJI Europe has just announced that they will not send me a new Zenmuse H3-2D as promised, it must go through the main office in China.

This means I can scout far for a Zenmuse H3-2D and I must assume that it takes a long time before I can start using the product I bought and paid for.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
Everytime I just about come around to thinking I will after all buy some more DJI kit I find another posting that confirms what a shower of S!!!s they are.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
-UPDATE-

As it turned out unfortunately DJI live up to their bad reputation when it comes to support and replacement of defective products. DJI Europe has just announced that they will not send me a new Zenmuse H3-2D as promised, it must go through the main office in China.

This means I can scout far for a Zenmuse H3-2D and I must assume that it takes a long time before I can start using the product I bought and paid for.

Or you could just buy a Tarot gimbal for the equivalent of $150 US and get the same results you would with the H3-2D without all the hassle... http://translate.googleusercontent....d=4313&usg=ALkJrhiCataqOtkImC0xhBe5NVeesMBgAQ

Best brushless gimbal I've tried so far, it actually works perfectly out of the box. All I did was the minimal amount of assembly required and then bolted it to my MK FPV quad, didn't change anything in the software or even hook it up to the computer prior to first flight, still haven't made any setting changes.

Ken

Søren Koch

Thank you for your reply.

The Tarot actually looks pretty good, I might give it a try.

Am I the only one who think it would be cool if the gimbals had the ability to mount the GoPro upside down? The extra 2 inches the lens is lower when it's upside down means a lot in terms of avoiding the front propellers being visible in the image when shooting video in wide mode on the GoPro. ( just a thought ) :)

/Søren

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Our ZenMuse H3 was working fine for the first few days, silent while moving in both axes. Suddenly it started to behave indentically to Soren's gimbal. Once the roll axes moved away from its centre point it started screaming and the motor overheated. Updating to the very latest firmware made absolutely no difference. It still stabilsed well but sounded like someone dragging their nails over a blackboard.
Our dealer has agreed something is wrong but DJI are making its replacement difficult by insisting they deal with it in China so goodness knows when we will have a trouble free ZenMuse.
The failure is particularly annoying as it showed such promise, working perfectly out of the box.

andy

Søren Koch

Our ZenMuse H3 was working fine for the first few days, silent while moving in both axes. Suddenly it started to behave indentically to Soren's gimbal. Once the roll axes moved away from its centre point it started screaming and the motor overheated. Updating to the very latest firmware made absolutely no difference. It still stabilsed well but sounded like someone dragging their nails over a blackboard.
Our dealer has agreed something is wrong but DJI are making its replacement difficult by insisting they deal with it in China so goodness knows when we will have a trouble free ZenMuse.
The failure is particularly annoying as it showed such promise, working perfectly out of the box.

andy
Hey Andy

Sorry for your loss :-/

To throw a little salt in the wound, I can tell that there is still no news in my case. DJI Europe has promised to send a replacement but when I turn to them about delivery of my Zenmuse, the answer is that they are waiting for delivery from china .... They can not elaborate on whether we're talking days, weeks or months. I have been without Zenmuse for almost a month now, and the only pleasure I have had of mine is to pay the bill and unboxing it :-(

ChrisViperM

Andy, Soren....since both of you are from Europe, all you have to do is to send the defective unit back to your dealer and ask for a refund or insist on delivery of a flawless replacement. All this stupid stories about cases like that have to handled by DJI China only is - simply speaking - bull-crap. In the European Union the Consumer Rights are pretty much streamlined and very well defined without any room for negotiations. If you buy something within the EU and it doesn't work, the dealer is reposinsble...full stop. You couldn't care less what's going on behind the sceen, and who is sending whom any replacement parts when from where.....Obviously the dealers and DJI are trying to steer you away from your rights, but if your dealer (just forget anything in connection with DJI China) doesn't react to: Money back or replacement of the defective unit within reasonable time....just give it to a laywer. Laywers take cases like that with a big smile, because they can't loose a case like that. In every bigger city (or online) you will find laywers who would even give you free advice... That means putting some serious pressure on the dealers (most of them are hard working and honest people), but that's the only way to change DJI's way of thinking in terms of customer service......everyone dealing with defective products from DJI should just make use of the existing law, and they will be fine....and DJI's headache will grow.

Obviously all this doesn't work if you imported the product from a place outside the EU.......but I guess in the US it is similar.....and forget it if you imported it from China, Korea, Taiwan.....
I buy most of my stuff in Europe (I like to support European businesses), but I would not hesitate to put their nuts into a vice grip if they try to play stupid games with me and urge me to deal with damn China.

Imagine you buy a new Toyota, and after a few kilometers you realize your brakes are defect....and your Toyota dealer would tell you that he is very sorry and you have to send the defective break-part yourself to Toyota in Japan.....would you do that ? So why do you do it with DJI's products ????

Chris

ZAxis

Chris ...
Yep, we're aware of our rights under UK/EU law but the reality is that DJI have decided that they will hold no European service/warranty stock so the only source is China. This basically screws the dealer who can't even get stock to fulfil customer orders. Unlike car dealers you do tend to have a genuine relationship with your MR dealer and prefer not to put them in firing line for something that is definitely the fault of the manufacturer. DJI appear to have little regard for their dealers, seeing them only as an output channel who must do only as they say.
The ZenMuse goes back to our dealer tomorrow and I'll post our ongoing experiences. Soren, perhaps you can too so we keep this thread alive and festering.
If DJI are reading this thread I invite them to comment.

andy

ChrisViperM

Chris ...
This basically screws the dealer who can't even get stock to fulfil customer orders. Unlike car dealers you do tend to have a genuine relationship with your MR dealer and prefer not to put them in firing line for something that is definitely the fault of the manufacturer.
andy

Exactly...thats why I outlined that most of the dealers are honest and hard working guys, and that makes acting very difficult in a case like that, but as long as DJI gets away with it, why should they change their policy ?
Would really be the best just to send defect products back and ask for a refund......no dealer can be upset if he sells you something which doesn't work and you send it back.

Chris

Søren Koch

-UPDATE-

I contacted DJI Europe again last Thursday to get an update on this case. I was informed that my replacement zenmuse had arrived at their address in Germany Wednesday and that they would send it Thursday or Friday.

Now I eagerly await it to show up on my address today or tomorrow. For comparison, one can order playmobil for the kids in Germany and have it delivered the day after, so rapid delivery should be possible :)

/Søren Koch

Søren Koch

- UPDATE -

I recived my replacement Zenmuse this monday.
It´s instaled and works perfect.

I hope that ZAxis will experience something similar in near future.

/Søren

ZAxis

Our update ...
Our dealer has returned a few failed Zen Muse H3, including our's, to DJI Hong Kong but has had no information from them as to how long the replacements will take to arrive.

So still waiting.

andy