Zenmuse GCU output B&W from GH2

MarkJ.Barrett

I am having a problem not being addressed by my dealer. I am flying an S800 with GH2 and Zenmuse. My video output from the Zenmuse GCU is poor quality B&W and blacks our frequently. More so when flying than on the ground. Consistently so when tilting up or down. I am outputting 1080i from camera as required. HDMI directly from camera is OK. Zenmuse HDMI converter problem? The dealer checked it out with NEX7 and said it was good. I am sure others have had this problem, please help.

jjboy

i think is Video Link has problems.
i have the same problems with you before.
Make sure the Video Link Transmitter and Receiver are working on the same channel by using

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I'm using this combo without problems. The HDMI output works at 720 for me. Check your PAL/NTSC output also. I forget what mine is.

MarkJ.Barrett

Just spoke to a tech at Atlanta Hobby who also says to change the board to V2. I have suspected the board from beginning but can get no help from my dealer or DJI. Now can anyone suggest a decent small bright monitor.

MarkJ.Barrett

Have solved the picture blacking out problem. The GH2 has an eyepiece sensor that switches the image from electronic viewfinder to display screen. The camera moving on the gimble was confusing it. A piece of tape over viewfinder does the trick.

Bugilt

Have solved the picture blacking out problem. The GH2 has an eyepiece sensor that switches the image from electronic viewfinder to display screen. The camera moving on the gimble was confusing it. A piece of tape over viewfinder does the trick.

You can turn that off by going to the custom menu and turning off LVF/LCD auto.