Zenmuse 5D/Camera keeps recording/won't switch to photo?

Hey guys, noob as far as multi rotors go and can't seem to figure this one out. I am running a 14sg to my Zenmuse 5D gimbal and I have the camera set up per the manual. I have a two way toggle for photo/video, but it will not switch in camera to photo if the "on camera indicator" is switched to video. Also, and more frustrating, if I activate the shutter or "rec" toggle it will begin recording, activate again, it stops (all good), then all of a sudden it will start recording again seconds or more later without using the Tx to tell it to do so? I know my cameras and I have been running a few 5DIII's for over a year now and I can't figure this out! Any help please.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It may be how you trigger it. Do you flick the switch on and off or just one way? I used to just be able to flick the shutter release one way and it would start/stop, but a firmware upgrade meant I now have to flick it down then up, if that makes any sense...

the shutter is a spring release (i guess thats the correct term?) where if I want to activate recording, I push it up and it returns to the down position. And that works, it will record until I flip it again. However once I stop recording, a few seconds later, a minute later, it starts recording (or taking a photo in photo mode on the camera) again. And I will have to manually tell it to stop recording by flipping the switch again. I also cannont toggle between photo and video from the Tx, I must go to the camera and do it? I thought I'd be able to do this from the Tx?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hmmm, I'm not sure with your 5D. With my GH2 I have to manually switch to photo mode on the ground, which is a shame.

At least it's better to start recording without input than to stop without input. :nevreness: A few extra files won't matter too much.

And you have decided to look at the brighter side of the subject. Lol. Very true, I just think something is not set up right and should not be this way.

So is everyone flying a 5D having to keep stopping the auto trigger and can you switch from photo to video in the air?