Z15 improvement proposol for one pilot setup

cropter

Hi,

just got my S800 + Z15 and doing the first tests. What is a bit disturbing to me is the fact that there is no switchable "direct mode" for the tilt axis, only slew. I do not like slew mode when I fly in a one-pilot config, it would be great to have the choice to control the tilt angle directly (and with optional smoothing possibly).
Just an open letter to the DJI guys...

Regards
cropter

DennyR

You could assign that function to a switch and reduce the throws so that you can inch the angle into the right position. slew mode is the preferred control method for most pros.

In the past I have grafted a third stick into the Tx which also works quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:

seagee

In the absence of this I've found a 3 way switch with up and down endpoints reduced to ~20% works reasonable well.

cropter

All these workarounds are very well, but still it would be great if DJI could implement the choice between slew and direct mode. This is a 3000 bucks item.. should be possible.
And they describe the 1-pilot setup very largely in their manual, so why did they forget direct mode?

FerdinandK

Because it is not an fpv-gimbal, and neiter a 2-Axis gimbal, so why not take advantage if this and smooth out copter movements (on yaw) out of the video. The copter might not hold yaw that perfect that this cannot be seen on a HD-Video (especially in windy conditions).

best regards

Ferdinand

FerdinandK

I really might not read everything of that thread:dejection:, but which firmware you are running, seems to me that your "tilt" whish is already present in the current firmware. You are first to test.

best regards

Ferdinand

DennyR

....Denny, are you aware that we won't let you go without pic's, detailed explanation, schematic circuit diagram, shopping list etc......:nevreness:

Chris
I don't have that MZ14 anymore and I cant find the pictures of it but all it consisted of was a stick unit from an old TX mounted on the Tx tray to the right of the Tx. It was wired into the Tx via a standard RC socket so it could be detached easily.

Then the penny dropped and I realized that all I needed to do was drill a hole in the right side aux rotary switch on the MZ14 glue a wire into it with a nice blob of solder on top to make a less sharp end. The problem with these 14 channel sets is that the resolution on the aux. channels is not great.