TBS MOB

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141015_054422.jpg
    20141015_054422.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 253

kloner

Aerial DP
lookin good..... do those props work out pretty good? how big are they?

usually when i build these with smaller props i bring the arm length down to give it back it's freedom. The best performing disco i've had was our arms cut down to stock length with 1000kv motors and 8-9" props. the slower the props spin, bigger they get and tougher it is to get perfect footage but the flight times go way, way up. give and take. It was like a hot knife through butter, flew unbelievably predictable, lets you get better faster

TBS MOB

12" APC Props Flies for about 10 to 12 minutes with a 4500mah 4s....it flies very smooth and very quiet....did a shoot in 25 mph + winds and it flew perfectly...got about 9 minutes with the high wind flights....it does the yaw wobble but for me this is my cinema flyer so i just fly it nice and smooth and the wobble never happens as long as i fly nice and smooth with soft stick movements....i love it...

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Nice but something is not so good, you should be getting more flight time, I get 14 minutes on a standard Disco Pro with 2212 900kv motors on 9 inch props with 4500mH packs.

Pete

kloner

Aerial DP
to make the arms get efficient you really need 6s with lower kv motors & bigger props.... they will still do wind better though, has more of a lever to push it around with. 4s with a big pack and our kits get weight moving up = less efficient. The century motors can't be the most efficient as well....

Right on tbs, you have lots of room to grow it...

TBS MOB

it is carrying a 3d gimbal and a gopro also....so i dunno... would shortening the arms give me more airtime? the motors are 700kv....i tried 13" and it flew about the same times....does the yaw wobble if its yawed hard....but if i hit the sticks slow and smooth it pans fine....without the gimbal set up on it flies for 18 to 20 minutes....going the 400kv 6s route when extra $ comes around...T

kloner

Aerial DP
Shortening the arms just gives it back it's sole, makes it not so big and sluggish, makes it fly faster, etc.

yaw wobble is form the small props and higher vk, could be connected to not being perfectly leveled motors. .1 degree is too far off, they really like being perfect. i bail that inner through bolt and align motors using the clamp style retainer on the inner mounts to allow custom tuning the motor level.... long props that almost touch are easier to level, you want to start with making the rear motors align to each other than align the front motor to each rear motor.... ie left rear to left front, right rear to right front

the 400 motors are nice, there all hogged out to be lighter = longer flight times. Built in prop adapters are really nice

TBS MOB

yeah im going to wait til the mob guys send me the replacement mounts and then im going to re align them all....and possible shorten the arms a couple inches....thanks for the promp replies brother....!!!
there is about 6 of us that fly the mob arms on tbs frames out here....so the MOB grows....T

kloner

Aerial DP
nice.... heres a video of mine with the mob arms stock length, 1000kv motors and 9" props. Drank like my wife, but man did she move and super stable from shear beating the air to death....

Last edited by a moderator: