Yaw problems

Dixon

I have a Cinestar 6 with Wookong M flight control. When I yaw to the right the copter rotates fine but upon completion it seems to float backwards about 10 - 12 feet. Then as it is regaining its position moving forward the LED blinks 3 white blips 3 times. I understand this to be a signal for poor Attitude status. Anyone know whats going on and how to correct this.

Thanks

Dixon

Since posting this I have recalibrated the compass, reestablished the cog, balanced the props, recalibrated the gps mounting and increased the gain in the yaw from 160 to 200. I still have the yaw problem when I rotate right or left. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The white flashes are not uncommon. Mine does it. The WKM accumulates yaw errors. Just stop rotating and the white flashes should stop after a few seconds. It is not dangerous or anything.

The floating 10-12ft is quite a bit of drift. Mine does it but only >1ft or so. I believe it is a CoG thing but have not solved it. I just counter the movement instinctively now.

Have you positioned the GPS puck for magnetic declination? Just thinking out loud.

Do you really mean 10-12ft? That's a heck of a drift!

Dixon

Good to hear about the white flashes not being dangerous! I took the hexa out again late this afternoon after messing with the gps mount again and apparently it helped quite a bit. The drift is now maybe 2 feet.
About the magnetic declination, what is that and how do I avoid it as far as the puck is concerned? Also, what is the procedure for recalibrating the WookongM IMU . I have crashed the hexa 3 times with an additional very
rough landing. With the Naza there was a basic calibration and also a advanced with the NazaM assistant. Is there anything like that with the WookongM assistant?

Thanks