XY8 for sale ARF. $2400

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 9552

Save yourself the headache and get one thats got all the bugs worked out.

Comes with:

8 turnigy plush 40 amp esc's
8 tiger 2814-10
8 APC SF 12"
G10 frame with 7/8" carbon fiber arms.
Hoverfly PRO
Hoverfly GPS

Av200 is NOT included in this price.

everything works perfectly. This heli flies incredibly smooth. You would just need to add receiver/radio and batteries and she's ready to fly. I will include a Droidworx style landing gear set.

As this is my primary bird I will need a little time to finish building my other octo to replace this.

Attachments

• JAN 1 2013 088.jpg
    JAN 1 2013 088.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 370
Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
As good as it is and nice being compact, I want the extra lift/time and also flying as a dual operator its nice to have as large a heli as possible in the air. In addition to this, both my larger helis are coaxial so I thought it would be fun to just try something different. It will be a real PITA to fit the octo in the truck though, which is one of my concerns. Hmmm.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
with the 2814's on there and 12" APC props it is good to lift a gh3/cx760. It could easily lift a dslr but i dont like pushing things. I would not rate a machine with 2814's a heavy lift machine though.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Curious as to what your building. You mentioned an octo in your orig post, does that mean your going 8 motor flat? If you'd care to share, what frame, motors, & flight controller?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I would only consider a flat octo as a replacement. I'm honestly not sure if it is worth the hassle though. This thing works and is very compact for what it lifts. the benefits of the XY are much greater than that of the flat octo but there are a few things that are nice about a ginormous heli. Since I already have a coaxial I figured it would be fun to try something else. I would build whatever I end up with myself. One thing is for certain, if I traveled with this thing I would definitely keep it.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Sure, $7500. I have actually had an offer to buy this heli for $12000. Didnt end up working out due to timing. But what one has to understand when buying a heli is how much time do they have to fine tune everything. This is never as easy as it sounds and I have put many many months of work into making this work. So assuming no one would spend that much on a heli that isnt brand new, I am going to keep my Av200-360/hovergimbal. If it weren't the ideal gimbal for my next heli I would consider it.