Tau Labs Xbee Pro Questions

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Guess ill make a fool of myself again here, nowt new there then!

Can some one please point me to the correct XBee set up for my CC board.

I am running 2.4 tx

AND

Will it work on my mac?

Dave :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
EEEKKKKKK!

IIRC ?
VCP
FTDI?

I am a total programming / software ameba!

I have been on macs since the first SE! BUT I dont understand programming, I am an upmarket plumber with big hands!

I guess from scanning your notes it is going to be far beyond me.

I thought I may be able to plug the Xbee thingymabob in to the CC at one end, plug the other xbee thingymabob into my mac, fire up yhr OP software and bingo..

Guess not :eek:

Still need to know which Xbee products I need as there seems to be hundreds of variants.

Is it any easier to use windows to connect it all together and get the ground station working?

Dave

**** your variants thing is a good point. I was using a 2.5 series which are more complex to configure. I think it's teh 1.5 series that are easier but it would be good if someone else who uses Xbee more comments.

IIRC = If i recall correclty
VCP = virtual com port. when you install the drivers that makes the usb carrier board from sparkfun (what most people seem to use) appear as a serial port to connect to
FTDI = company that makes the chip that provides the USB to serial adapter.

Sorry didn't mean to be overwhelming. I don't think it's technical so much as do **** until it works!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Horses for courses.. guess I could confuse you a bit if I went into tech talk on Polysun, Tsol and UVR algorithm programming! BUT saying that with what you do I guess you would soon work it all out.. I guess the best way to treat the vast majority of us on here is like Newbies as far as OpenPilot is concerned. I have so many things going round in my head with work and the CC board that is sat in front of me I may need to go sit down with a cold beer and watch DrWho to calm down.

Thanks for jumping in first anyhow, Ill try and look at again in the morning after a organic reboot!

Dave