XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

vadmcse

vadmcse,

ANy chance you can post a picture of that Setting in the Wookong? I was going to make mention of what firmware was on the ESC's and calibrating them but it sounds like he is potentially fine since the assistant sees the movement. I had a similar issue but it was where the motors wouldn't move. I had to reverse my elevator channel.

Hi,

Sorry, but i don't have a DJI controller, i own a YS-X4 and i had to change this parameter to make it work with my XA ESC's and motors.
I don't know if WKM has this parameter, maybe you can ask DJI or the specific forum.

iflynavy

No problem. I assumed you did by your response. I have one and I didn't see any setting along those lines, usually you program the ESCs and the Wookong picks that configuration up by throttle movement. So when you mentioned it I thought maybe I was missing something. How you like the YS-X4, I thought about that and APM as well.

iflynavy

For the record Century Heli and Heli-World (one in the same) are driving me batty.

So Still waiting for the damn activation code for my 50 waypoints. Took a month for me to even get the Wookong to get here without the codes. I immediately send them the information they asked for, the serial numbers for everything in the box. Said takes 2 days. Called on Monday, still not in yet. Called on Wednesday\Thursday same ****. Call today and they said what's your hardware ID. Dude I sent it to you, called 5 times and no where in there did you say you need more information, or I gave you the wrong information or what not. Plus don't you know what you sent me.

So I say I'll call right back have to go get the QUAD out of the car, call back literally 90 seconds later, the dude I was talking to is unavilable and suppose to call me back. They said that last week to and never got a call back. They haven't returned a single e-mail to sales@heli-world.com either.

Has anyone else had a positive experience with this vendor? I chose them because they were in the US, as am I and figured shipping and customer service would be better (Compared to the China crap I've had to deal with previously) and It almost even worse.

vadmcse

Sorry to hear that.

I love my YS-X4, is super smooth and the GPS hold is amazing.
I bought mine to Armcopters, (WiFi version). Today i paid for the upgrade to NAVIGATOR, received the upgrade in less than 15 minutes!!!
Armcopters is a great vendor, great prices and better support.

Dhardjono

Hi all i am new to the this forum i own dji phantom and arris 650 which is made by hobby wing. My arris 650 had a naza v2 and i had a run away after good 50 miles of flight time it's in the Hudson river NEW YORK it's my 3rd copter lost with the dji naza controller . I decided to change to -[h=1]XAircraft X650PRO Quadcopter W/SuperX Super Combo which has the super x controller and i added the osd with it.[/h]I am reading the forum seem many of you using dji controller is there any thing wrong with the super x controller i should now about any help thanks. Should be getting my 650 by this week or next week.

VIQuad

What?...are you serious???

The superX controller is freaking awesome and not one instance of a "fly away" or serious problems.

All I have to say is, welcome to the group and the SuperX.... Worry free flying.

Dhardjono

What?...are you serious???

The superX controller is freaking awesome and not one instance of a "fly away" or serious problems.

All I have to say is, welcome to the group and the SuperX.... Worry free flying.

Ahh good to know that can't wait for my super x and 650 pro.

VIQuad

Its a great flying platform with a lot more long term options than a Phantom.
Plus the SuperX is a great controller and even better with the update.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I have the X650 also married to a frsky Taranis radio, my only disappointment so far is the Xaircraft GoPro gimbal, it is only 2 axis servo motors but driven by the Super X, I cannot get it to stop vibrating regardless of wether it's a mobious key cam or a Hero 2, no amount of dampening will stop it, I have adjust the gains till I'm blue in the face, and because it is so long from the body I think it acts like a pendulum and is actually causing it's own vibrations.

I'm considering a 3 axis gimbal and wonder if anybody has any comments on the above and perhaps recommendations on a gimbal

Thanks
David

VIQuad

I'm using the ARRIS 3000. I just got it but its nice.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-cm3000-gopro-hero3-brushless-motor-gimbal.html

I'll have to post a pic of my custom mounting and vibration system. Seems to work well so far.

I have never trusted all the videos I've seen that claim "No post Stabilization". Because I could never get the same results as whoever posted the video. So I think people will lie about stabilizing a video just to be fawned over on how well their gimbal works or looks.

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I'm using the ARRIS 3000. I just got it but its nice.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-cm3000-gopro-hero3-brushless-motor-gimbal.html

I'll have to post a pic of my custom mounting and vibration system. Seems to work well so far.

I have never trusted all the videos I've seen that claim "No post Stabilization". Because I could never get the same results as whoever posted the video. So I think people will lie about stabilizing a video just to be fawned over on how well their gimbal works or looks.

I was looking at that yesterday it mentions being able to control the modes (4 channels) with a radio! can you shed any light on how that works? also I see it is quite heavy do you power it from the vehicle battery or seperate?

Thanks for your response

David

VIQuad

Heavy...well considering Phantoms are flying with it with reasonable flight times is not a big deal for the X650.

control modes...I believe you can set it up as a second operator if you wanted...another radio just for the camera, similar to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz80Hwa-O2c

I fly everything with one 4S 8000mah .....or a 4S 5800mah.

I power the gimbal through a UBEC.

this guy has had some good success with it as well, check out his vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/gary3000/videos

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Heavy...well considering Phantoms are flying with it with reasonable flight times is not a big deal for the X650.

control modes...I believe you can set it up as a second operator if you wanted...another radio just for the camera, similar to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz80Hwa-O2c

I fly everything with one 4S 8000mah .....or a 4S 5800mah.

I power the gimbal through a UBEC.

this guy has had some good success with it as well, check out his vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/gary3000/videos

This is great thanks, I have 3 Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 4S 25~50C Lipo and a 5V UBEC so okay in that department.

How would you rate yours against the GoodLuckBuy model, it seems their software might be a bit lacking?

So in summary If I buy this and strap it on my X650 I'll have software that I can plug the gimbal into on my PC and configure it for what I want, like tilt angle etc?

And I'll have a piece of equipment that will give me reasonable steady videos taking out most of the vehicle and environmental vibrations and buffeting, a yes from you now may result on me pressing 'add to cart' :nevreness:

David
[h=1][/h]

N2NET

N2NET
If you are using the WK-M with the Motors and ESC's that came with the X650 value, then you should change the ESC's parameters in the WK-M to something like UltraPWM ESC, XA-ESC or 500Hz ESC, i don't own a WK-M, so i don't know if you can do that, but for my YS-X4 i changed the above parameter and it worked.

Hope this help.

I ended up purchasing new ESC's as the X aircraft supplied ones cannot be talked to in any language.
My new problem is inexplicably loosing Comm with the craft occasionally and it comes home to roost via GPS.
I Modded the Turnegy 9x with the Frsky and it didn't help. I'm afraid to fly near trees or people now.
I fear the 802.11 rich neighborhood is messing with us.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I ended up purchasing new ESC's as the X aircraft supplied ones cannot be talked to in any language.
My new problem is inexplicably loosing Comm with the craft occasionally and it comes home to roost via GPS.
I Modded the Turnegy 9x with the Frsky and it didn't help. I'm afraid to fly near trees or people now.
I fear the 802.11 rich neighborhood is messing with us.

LOL could you imagine if WiFi was that powerful all the brain tumours that would be written about!

I don't think 2.4 is going to be phased with a WiFi set up more likely how you have your antennae set up or pure power and masking

David

CrashMaster

Most of us invested before the SuperX was released and for serious use the WKM was the one out there we chose. However, the reviews I have read rave about the SuperX are good, but until it has been out and in use for at least a year I will sit and watch with my old steam powered WKM. After all if it 'ain't broke don't fix it!'

As for fly-aways, I have read about the but owning 2 NAZAs and 1 WKM I have never had one. I have had other issues with both when updates come out and ground me for a while until they release an update to fix the previous one. I did have a crash with my F550 with a NAZA-M where it went out of control and ploughed into a very large bit of agricultural machinery - no damage to the machine but broken props an 2 motors on the F550 - but no fly-away. I almost feel left out by not having an expensive experience like others describe.

Since investing in the X650 Pro all I have had to replace have been 1 motor and an arm clamp. Very boring flying indeed - but cheaper than the F550 in the long-run.