XAircraft xAircraft SuperX run away throttle

mbender

Just put a SuperX FC on my Hex, right after arming the motors the throttle is just above cutoff and the motors accelerate like the craft wants to take off. I have uploaded a video on youtube here, http://youtu.be/OZ4TO3K225M. The link to the BB file is here, http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_06_14_210544.250_30.1.02.50. I've racked my brain on this for the past two days and haven't been able to figure it out. My setup is listed below. I've set the neutral and reverse settings via the manual many times, always succeeded w/o issue. The first time this happened I wasn't expecting it to, the craft flew about 25 feet up, then came down like a rock, upside down, luckily I only lost two props in the crash.

TX - Spektrum DX8
FC - xAircraft SuperX Standard
ESC - 30amp Maytec Opto's
Motor - KDE 785kv

TX Settings
Throttle - Normal
Aileron - Reverse
Elevator - Normal
Rudder - Reverse
FS - Reverse

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
A feature of SuperX is that at power up GPS mode and Attitude mode with radio throttle at 50% it will go into automatic take off, your BB doesn't indicate 50% throttle but your video seems to indicate it is!

Another feature of GPS Hold is that it will try to maintain position based upon satellites, you have your vehicle tied down so it is trying to break free.

Try the same exercise again only in manual mode and see what happens.

I'll ignore the fact that the BB shows your motor thrust all over the place again because it is tied down, let the poor thing be free

X

mbender

The first flight was with out it being tied down, it flew off right after it was armed, didn't have time to really do anything except freak out......I'll try manual mode tomorrow and see how she does. Thanks for the info..

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The first flight was with out it being tied down, it flew off right after it was armed, didn't have time to really do anything except freak out......I'll try manual mode tomorrow and see how she does. Thanks for the info..

Look, what you say is your business, but be aware your log in the Black Box records every time your motors are turned on, the data records everything! and has done way back to the 9th of this month

If this is your first multi-rotor you need to spend a bit of time getting use to it and certainly according to the flight data things like motor levelling and batteries need some attention.

X

mbender

That is true, except for just after arming, it is at 7% then pretty much immediatly it goes to 16% and wants to fly off on it's own.

brutis

Something is wrong with your motors, especially number 1 is not seeing 100%throttle. The motors should be generally in synchronized form, apart from variations caused by your rc inputs or when fighting External forces when in Gps lock.

Are the ESCs correctly calibrated for the battery cell count as well as for zero thru to 100% speed range....If not then the controller won't be able to properly set any speed correctly...IMHO.

Last edited: