XAircraft XAircraft LED Kit

Jesper

As I'm slowly gaining hight I get less and less sight/control of my X650. I would like to add som LED light making it easier to orientate :)
On my X525 I have put LED strips under all 4 arms, but for the X650 I would like to make something looking more thought through, and stealth ;)

I see that XAircraft has a LED setup to mount under the motors, but as far as I can read, I thing these has to be hooked up to the original X650 flight controll.
I''m flying with a Naza, and therefore I thing that soultion is out the dore. I was thinking about buying another set of carbon motor mount plates,
put led lights in the holes and fasten them on the underside of the motor mounts. This will make it look some what like the XAircraft kit that is under
development, but they will work without the X650 FC.

Anyone got some pictures of their X650 with LED's?

Kilby

LED's are LED's. There is nothing special about the the XA set that you saw online. Put power to them and they work.

Kilby

That blog post if is from 2010. They look like a prototype idea that never made it into production.

Have you been able to find them for sale anywhere, or just on this post?

Also, I wouldn't call them just normal LED's. That looks like more of a flight monitoring systems that uses LED's to relay info back to you. If you want LED's, send them 12volts and you are done. Easy breezy.

Jesper

Yes, and I would like to make something looking as good as these! I dont want to trow some LED's at it with wires and all. I want the layout to be thought through.
But this was a thread to see if anyone has done anything cool looking, I know I can put on some LED's and connect 12v to them.

Jesper

Yes, and I would like to make something looking as good as these! I dont want to trow some LED's at it with wires and all. I want the layout to be thought through.
But this was a thread to see if anyone has done anything cool looking, I know I can put on some LED's and connect 12v to them.