XAircraft xAircraft 650 and Zenmuse z15 with Sony NEx

iflynavy

Anyone have one of these setups?

I have H3-2D now and need some zoom functionality for closer pictures and stills.... wondering if the Nex series and the corresponding zenmuse is the way to go. Ideas\thoughts anyone?

FerdinandK

If you want to use different viewing angles you can change the lenses on the Nex5 (e.g. 24mm, 50mm) and do this with a Zenmuse, but you have to rebalance after each new lens, your you have to balance for the most heavy lens and balance for the others with trim weights on the lenses. If you really want to zoom in flight you have to go for a camcorder ( e.g. Sony CX 730 is a popular one) and a good BL-Gimbal for that.

Here Zenmuse with Sony Nex5 and Kit 18-55mm at 18mm:

Here Zenmuse with Sony Nex5 and SEL50f18

Here Sony CX250 and Zoom on BL-Gimbal:

best regards
Ferdinand

P.S.: I strongly doubt, that you can mount and fly a Zenmuse for Nex5 on an xaricraft 650.

Last edited by a moderator:

X650 Aeroxcraft GTR with hoverfly and Sony Nex5r

The Z-15 is too tall to fit under an XAircraft X650. Would be a pretty sweet setup though if it would fit!

View attachment 13616

This is an image of my X650 v8. It's got the WKM brain, Torxpower motors etc. The Aeroxcraft GTR Nex mount is stabilised with a Hoverfly board.

Ive had to do a few mods, like doubling up the undercarriage and fitting another floor for escs etc.

What I have is the X650 on 2.4Ghz and the Sony Nex5r on 35Mhz. The Sony can be controlled by a camera operator for pitch and shutter using a downlink and goggles.

How does it fly!? So, so stable and a dream. It's also compact!

regards

Haleswoodcrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 337

iflynavy

Drew

I'm sure we could find a way =) 3D print some new legs that were taller or something. Granted I'd have to sell a kidney to pay for the Gimbal and camera.